This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR: fold AK in BB, too weak?

• cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with K A
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Button raises to $7, SB folds, Hero folds, MP2 folds.
      Uncalled bets: $5.25 returned to Button.

Results:
      Final pot: $4.25

is this fold too weak?
  • 4 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Without any reads I'm folding this one too.
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      I play SSS and for me this is a shove every time. Obviously you may have a read. Even so I think in this situation I would be at least seeing the flop and accessing it from there. The size of the bet here suggests to me that villain is holding tt-qq and is trying to push you off a strong ax hand. You would know better though sitting at the table.

In short I would say yes it is a little weak but this is just my opinion. I'd be interested to see what others think :D
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      When you play SSS you can push because simply there isn't so much on the line. It's a good fold. Normally I fold this one. Only if BU 3bets a lot I 4b/shove here for 100BB.
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      Hi

here we need stacksizes

The overbet looks weird so if i think he is a fish or a retard player i shove else i fold.