[NL2-NL10] 2 hands from NL4 SH

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain in both hands is the same. He was passive a lot, not trying any moves etc.

First hand:

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB ($4.04)
      UTG ($7.10)
      Hero (SB) ($5.51)
      Button ($3.10)
      MP ($4)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, A
      2 folds, Button calls $0.04, Hero bets $0.14, 1 fold, Button calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) 5, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23

And the 2nd hand:

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB ($4)
      BB ($7.10)
      Hero (Button) ($5.70)
      MP ($2.94)
      UTG ($4)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.04, Hero bets $0.16, 2 folds, MP calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) 5, 6, 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

I have a question about the cbet in these hands.
      In the first hand I thought that he is folding lots of hands of his range, so I cbet.
      In the second hand I thought that his range hits most of the times the flop and that a cbet would be a waste.
      What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop1: We do have two overcards and backdoor flush/backdoor straight so cbet is perfectly fine

Postflop2: The amount of time he hits both of these boards is very similar. Look at what he can continue with on board 1 and board 2.

The ranges differ slightly from hand to hand because in one we are IP and one OOP. In the second hand he can have more draws or pairs (5x, 6x) but not by a lot.

Broadways still have nothing (which make up a bulk of his range) unless they have a draw.

However the key difference between the hands is that in the first one we have quite a bit of equity with backdoors but in the second we don't really have backdoors. However in the second we have position and can even get thin value out of the hand so I think we can bet in both cases.