This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH: AK OOP facing 3bet

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      No Hud and no reads on the opponent.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (3 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (SB) ($6.24)
      BB ($4.06)
      Button ($1.21)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.10, BB raises $0.28, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.64) A, 3, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.64) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.24) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.94

I call his 3bet because I didn't have any reads on him and I also didn't want to fold. My plan was that if I hit an A or a K I'm gonna try to play for stacks.
      Did I play it a bit passive? Should I have bet on the turn?
      On the river I thought that he could have some showdown value and I didn't want to let him check IP. Is this ok?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: BvB we can 4-bet this for value and playing AKo OOp is not great because we rarely ever hit.

Postflop: We should try to build up the pot on the turn by simply betting out and betting river. Or if we check make a small ck/raise because I doubt you get much more value with your line of ck/call and donk.

But my standard would be to bet turn/river and get value from pairs under A.