This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh: 1010 OOP

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      No reads on the villain.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($9.25)
      CO ($4.56)
      Hero (SB) ($4)
      UTG ($4)
      MP ($5.90)
      BB ($7.81)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, 10
      2 folds, CO bets $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.28) J, J, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.64) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.64

I didn't want to 3bet preflop because I had no reads on him and didn't want to turn my pocket 10's into a bluff. What do you think? Is check-raising the flop ever good here?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't like ck/raising the flop because we can't really do it for value nor as a bluff and we also don't represent a lot.

As played ck/folding turn is fine at these limits because people don't bluff nearly enough even on scare cards.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I have seen lots of videos in which most instructors say that in those flops if you check-raise you aren't representing anything. But since most of people know that, why not start doing this with such type of hands? If I was in the position of the villain holding something like AQ+, 88+ I would definitely call a ch-raise here.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I have seen lots of videos in which most instructors say that in those flops if you check-raise you aren't representing anything. But since most of people know that, why not start doing this with such type of hands? If I was in the position of the villain holding something like AQ+, 88+ I would definitely call a ch-raise here.
      You also forget that villain can have some Jx hands and if villain only has AQ+, 88+ the raise is very thin for value. And we have a harder time continuing on the turn/river.

Also, we really don't have reads on the player if he bluffcatches light or if he can 3-bet as a bluff so in my opinion it's not the greatest spot.