[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh: 1010 OOP

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      No reads on the villain.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($9.25)
      CO ($4.56)
      Hero (SB) ($4)
      UTG ($4)
      MP ($5.90)
      BB ($7.81)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, 10
      2 folds, CO bets $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.28) J, J, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.64) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.64

I didn't want to 3bet preflop because I had no reads on him and didn't want to turn my pocket 10's into a bluff. What do you think? Is check-raising the flop ever good here?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't like ck/raising the flop because we can't really do it for value nor as a bluff and we also don't represent a lot.

As played ck/folding turn is fine at these limits because people don't bluff nearly enough even on scare cards.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I have seen lots of videos in which most instructors say that in those flops if you check-raise you aren't representing anything. But since most of people know that, why not start doing this with such type of hands? If I was in the position of the villain holding something like AQ+, 88+ I would definitely call a ch-raise here.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I have seen lots of videos in which most instructors say that in those flops if you check-raise you aren't representing anything. But since most of people know that, why not start doing this with such type of hands? If I was in the position of the villain holding something like AQ+, 88+ I would definitely call a ch-raise here.
      You also forget that villain can have some Jx hands and if villain only has AQ+, 88+ the raise is very thin for value. And we have a harder time continuing on the turn/river.

Also, we really don't have reads on the player if he bluffcatches light or if he can 3-bet as a bluff so in my opinion it's not the greatest spot.