This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QTs on MP

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.10)
      BB ($0.88)
      Hero ($2.51)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($0.84)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.24) 4:spade: T:heart: Q:spade:

SB bets $0.24, BB folds, Hero calls $0.24, BTN raises to $0.78 (AI), SB calls $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

TURN ($2.58) 4:spade: T:heart: Q:spade: 9:diamond:

SB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $1.67 (AI), SB calls $1.41

RIVER ($5.92) 4:spade: T:heart: Q:spade: 9:diamond: Q:club:

SB shows 8:club: Q:heart:
      (Pre 17%, Flop 0.9%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows T:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 63.2%, Turn 73.8%)

BTN shows 6:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 35.9%, Turn 26.2%)

Hero wins $5.63

shortstack villain is 55/10 AF 1.4 over 270 hands, whom I know can bet underpair on overcards board and continue with agression on next streets

SB villain is 85/51 AF 3 over 50 hands, few hands before he open raised J3s from MP and bluff bets on river after I checked 2 streets, so his range is pretty wide and he is capable of making bad moves

My raise here was directed towards the player in SB, I think my hand was good enough for his calling range, I didnt really care that much if BU player would call or not because I know if I hit Im gonna get value out of him too...with 3 players in the pot if I didnt hit anything I would just move on

I call his donk bet on the flop, I dont think he can have stronger hand than me here most of the time, he is mostly on weak pairs or draws so I call to keep him betting on the turn with intent to raise if the card feels safe enough...I also didnt feel BU has a set here, he is capable of doing this with underpairs as I saw him before and if he does have a set, I wont lose that much and I will still be able to extract value from SB, maybe I should have shoved here but I wanted to see what he does on the turn and give him a chance to continue his agression

The turn card might be ugly for me...but he bets such a small amount here that I conclude he doesnt have the straight, I shove to get max value and for protection in case he is on Jx type of hand
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Preflop open from MP is pretty marginal with 2 players <50bb in their stack.

If you think SB can be donking a bunch of weak hands including pairs + draws I'd probably raise directly for value on the flop. There are only 4 good turn cards for you, (Q,T) but a whole bunch of bad ones. Any spade, J, 9, K, A is not going to be good.

When BU raises and SB flats I would just make a small re-raise hoping to get the stacks in.

Your river shove is ok, villain probably feels priced in with a lot of his flop calling range. It would have been better to get the money in before a bad card fell though.