Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.10)
      BB ($0.88)
      Hero ($2.51)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($0.84)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.24) 4:spade: T:heart: Q:spade:

SB bets $0.24, BB folds, Hero calls $0.24, BTN raises to $0.78 (AI), SB calls $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

TURN ($2.58) 4:spade: T:heart: Q:spade: 9:diamond:

SB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $1.67 (AI), SB calls $1.41

RIVER ($5.92) 4:spade: T:heart: Q:spade: 9:diamond: Q:club:

SB shows 8:club: Q:heart:
      (Pre 17%, Flop 0.9%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows T:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 63.2%, Turn 73.8%)

BTN shows 6:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 35.9%, Turn 26.2%)

Hero wins $5.63

shortstack villain is 55/10 AF 1.4 over 270 hands, whom I know can bet underpair on overcards board and continue with agression on next streets

SB villain is 85/51 AF 3 over 50 hands, few hands before he open raised J3s from MP and bluff bets on river after I checked 2 streets, so his range is pretty wide and he is capable of making bad moves

My raise here was directed towards the player in SB, I think my hand was good enough for his calling range, I didnt really care that much if BU player would call or not because I know if I hit Im gonna get value out of him too...with 3 players in the pot if I didnt hit anything I would just move on

I call his donk bet on the flop, I dont think he can have stronger hand than me here most of the time, he is mostly on weak pairs or draws so I call to keep him betting on the turn with intent to raise if the card feels safe enough...I also didnt feel BU has a set here, he is capable of doing this with underpairs as I saw him before and if he does have a set, I wont lose that much and I will still be able to extract value from SB, maybe I should have shoved here but I wanted to see what he does on the turn and give him a chance to continue his agression

The turn card might be ugly for me...but he bets such a small amount here that I conclude he doesnt have the straight, I shove to get max value and for protection in case he is on Jx type of hand
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Preflop open from MP is pretty marginal with 2 players <50bb in their stack.

If you think SB can be donking a bunch of weak hands including pairs + draws I'd probably raise directly for value on the flop. There are only 4 good turn cards for you, (Q,T) but a whole bunch of bad ones. Any spade, J, 9, K, A is not going to be good.

When BU raises and SB flats I would just make a small re-raise hoping to get the stacks in.

Your river shove is ok, villain probably feels priced in with a lot of his flop calling range. It would have been better to get the money in before a bad card fell though.