BB: $1.41
      UTG: $3.09
      UTG+1: $2.92
      UTG+2: $3.80
      MP1: $2.59
      MP2: $2.11
      Hero (CO): $2.11

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 3 :club: 3 :spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.05, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.18) 4 :diamond: 3 :heart: Q :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BTN raises to $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.30, UTG+1 folds

Turn: ($1.38) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.56 all in, BTN calls $0.73 all in

River: ($3.44) 2 :club: (2 players - 2 are all in)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Angalius,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: The board is somewhat connected and with a few people in the pot I prefer to raise there for value. We want to play for stacks and calling doesn't make it very easy.

As played we can consider raising after the min raise slightly bigger so we can comfortably shove the turn even if utg+1 calls (without making it close to a PSB).

As played nice hand.

As a side note, when you leave a reply that you'd like a judge to respond to please hit the "advise the judge to take another look" button.
    • Rapier12
      Rapier12
      Bronze
      Hey,

Firstly I am by no means an expert but week 4 of my homework says I have to evaluate someone else hand and as Pocket 3s is my fav hand I thought I'd give it a go!

Preflop - I would have played it exactly the same way.

Post flop - Here I would have played it differently. I dont like the call in this spot. The flop is co-ordinated with a possible straight and flush draw and the Q may have hit the preflop raiser with an AQ type hand - His continuation bet certainly represents that. Equally due to the small preflop bet sizing its possible that the call by the button was purely speculative with anykind of Ax suited or suited connector type hand.

So in short here I would raise and probably 4 bet it - To put maximum pressure on UTG+1 as i would suspect AK, AQ or middle pp with 2.5x preflop bet. It will also deny the odds to BU to draw for most of his hands. Its doubtful he hit a set of queens ( no preflop re-raise) and if he has fours - thats poker! Most likely flush or straight draw Axs

Turn - thats not a great card! ( I think you have my luck with sets!) Again I dont like the check raise - He may have completed his straight! Personally if I had raised the flop, I would barrel again here. If I had played the way you had, then I would check call. I wouldn't want to see an all in shove.

River - a little irrelevant as you are already "all in." I see you kept the result. Another horrid card as you are now beat by any of the Ax he may have called with. Check call for a cheap showdown here.

Final thoughts - I use to play my sets the same way as you multihanded with the thinking that if I strung them along I could mke more. This happended to me more often then not and I have found it it far better to bet out or raise on those kinds of flops then to simply call.

Hopefully this helped and if not a real player will evaluate later!

Rapier