Megatilt, very bad session, need moral support

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Good day to everyone, like 4 days ago I got the starting capital of 50$, I think of myself as a decent poker player and I was full of ambitions to make become from decent to very good player, but going on tilt is my huge problem. I went from 50$ to 390$ in these 4 days, played NL10 SSS 1st 2 days, then NL25, and yestreday I got to BSS SH NL25 with a capital of 330, won 60 bucks and then b00m, lost 2 big pots in a row set over set and KK vs AA pf, I know I could have folded those but greed and a strong desire to move up in limits quickly made me take wrong deisions and then imidiately something happened in my mind, I don't even remember how I lost other 250 bucks, I don't even remeber the hands now really! I back back to 60$ again, at least I managed to stop... I read so many articles about psychological aspect of the game but still I am human and I have feelings. I'd need some good words from you to keep my chin up again. Thank you. It's not at all for those dollars but for the fear, that if I start over again and get for example much higher, then same shit can heppen(I mean tilt) and I go broke again and will have to start all over again.
  • 8 replies
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      i think you needed at least 625$ bankroll to start playing NL25 SH.Bankroll managment is most important thing in moving up limits and taking bad beats or coolers at same time.
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      hi, the lesson here is BRM, you hear a lot of the guys go on and on about it but seriously it's the most important part. I know from experiance and It was only after finding this site that I put all the correct tools in place including BRM. I'm nearly at NL25 but I know that if I have a bad downswing my BR can take it. Yes it gets frustrating, we all want to play big stakes after all but you need to get there the right way.

Learn from your lesson and do It right this time, read the articles about BRM and stick to it fella. It works !!!

Good Luck
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Bank Roll Management
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      See what I mean :D
    • TheStrategist594
      TheStrategist594
      Bronze
      Ive got it worst... ive won from 50$ to 800$ on my 1st 2 days... then broke on my 4th day... now, ive got another 60$ from taf,,, and WILL NEVER make the mistakes I did again.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      And if you had no experience before playing BSS SH is kinda hard too, and it has a nice variance... I'd go to FR first...
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      And if you had no experience before playing BSS SH is kinda hard too, and it has a nice variance... I'd go to FR first...
      No, I had played a lot of BSS SH before, like 2 years of playing, then I had personal problems and took a one year break from poker, now I am back to action again.
      Thank to everyone who replied, really, my BRM is not right I guess, I'll stick to BRM rules once and for all since now! I guess I need to develop much more patience cause getting bankroll up slowly requires much patience, especially when you have an experience of winning much more in much shorter period. Need to break to pieces and make over my own poker mind :-)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      BRM!!!!!!!

All these storeys of i have $50 then a few days latter i have $400 etc

Simply put your moving up limits way to quick! most likley your having a hot streak and decided to move up then same again. The problem with this is you dont know if you where actually a winning player at the other levles or if it was just luck that was on your side. The fact you oviously moved up quick is why yov lost alot...because you dont have sufficiant bankroll! i use a 30 buy-in rule for cash games.

play lower stakes until you have sufficient bankroll to play higher stakes (and be able to absorbe downswings).

i used to reload on a weekley bases, then i learnt the secret...PATTIENCE!