[NL2-NL10] Nl4 SH: 74s

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      No reads on the villains.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (MP) ($4.08)
      SB ($4.26)
      BB ($4.52)
      Button ($4.18)
      UTG ($2.93)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4, 7
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.12, Button calls $0.12, SB calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.48) 8, 4, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.34, Hero raises $0.74, 2 folds, BB raises $1.94, Hero raises $3.22 (All-In)

I overplayed it, right? Is even the first raise good or it would be better to just call and revaluate on the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: This is a bit of a loose open from CO especially for 2.5 BB where you are giving your opponents great odds to come along.

Postflop: As played what type of equity do you think you have versus a range that gets it with you?

Have you played with equilab in this spot?

Unless villain stacks off with many overpairs or 8x hands we aren't in that great shape with bottom two pairs.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I didn't played with the equilab (I'm hurried a bit at the moment :D ) but I don't think that anyone stacks off with an overpair here. But with so many draws on the flop what can we do to his donkbet? These donkbets I think that are usually for draws or made strong hands.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I didn't played with the equilab (I'm hurried a bit at the moment :D ) but I don't think that anyone stacks off with an overpair here. But with so many draws on the flop what can we do to his donkbet? These donkbets I think that are usually for draws or made strong hands.
      Since we can expect even TT/JJ to sometimes 3-bet preflop given the action that happened I agree that there aren't many pairs that can donk however I can still see some villains donking 8x/99/TT so people don't check this draw heavy board.

With that being said, if we aren't sure if he can do that we can still raise/fold (we can expect draws/pairs to call rather than go broke most of the time). Or simply call and play the turn.

But I think the problem really goes preflop where we shouldn't play this hand to begin with or at least make it 3x.