Bronze
      BB: $4.72 (118 bb)
      UTG: $4 (100 bb)
      MP: $4.26 (106.5 bb)
      CO: $0.53 (13.3 bb)
      BTN: $4.19 (104.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $4.39 (109.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: 7:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.46, CO raises to $0.53 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.03, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($1.59) K:club: 9:heart: A:diamond: (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.80, Hero folds

Turn: ($1.59) 3:club: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($1.59) 4:diamond: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

I want to go all in with this short stack but on that board it's waste of money to cbet. Guy who called me usualy have A'x, K'x or PP so I win very very very rarely.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilidek,

Preflop: I do not like our 3-bet preflop. Almost any two cards are flipping with us and bigger pairs dominate us. And if we want to go all in with him then we should make it 53c :)

Postflop: I agree with your postflop play even though our perceived range is strong we are fighting for the pot with CO anyway (if BB folds).
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      ok we are flipping with most of his range like KJ, KQ, AK etc. but this hand is:
      1) to strong to fold
      2) if we just call there are always be overcards, how would you play on Axx, Kxx, Qxx, Jxx, Txx, 9xx, 8xx
      3) we still may have some FE

I am not a fun of flipping either but how would you play this hand? 3bet sizing was my mistake, I should 3bet 0.53
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilidek
      ok we are flipping with most of his range like KJ, KQ, AK etc. but this hand is:
      1) to strong to fold
      2) if we just call there are always be overcards, how would you play on Axx, Kxx, Qxx, Jxx, Txx, 9xx, 8xx
      3) we still may have some FE

I am not a fun of flipping either but how would you play this hand? 3bet sizing was my mistake, I should 3bet 0.53
      Our options are simple, we either get it in with 77 or fold. There's no calling to be made vs this stack size.

Considering he has 13 bb and he invested 4 of them already we are safe to assume that we rarely ever have FE so just HU (before rake is considered) we need roughly 46% equity (with rake it's 48-50%).

Lets say we give him a really wide range of 22+,A2s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,98s,87s,76s,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo (23% of hands) we still only have 52% equity. So as you can see we are very close to a break even decision.

Even if we extend this to 50% of hands or more we still only have 55% or so equity.

If we tighten up his range we are getting down to a bit below 50% so again around breakeven. If we factor in that BB can still occasionally come along this gets closer to a fold but I don't think it's a huge mistake to just go with the hand (although marginal at best).
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Wow, thanks a lot! I've always thought it's a good idea to push any PP vs this kind of guys but I checked out in equilab and I saw that against 20% range it's only profitable to push 99+
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilidek
      Wow, thanks a lot! I've always thought it's a good idea to push any PP vs this kind of guys but I checked out in equilab and I saw that against 20% range it's only profitable to push 99+
      You are very welcome.

Equilab is your friend in spots like this :)