This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak Ip

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.

BB is reg who can be tricky,
      MP unknown.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.75)
      BB ($18.02)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($5.73)
      Hero ($13.04)
      BTN ($21.35)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, BB calls $0.80, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.75) J:spade: 2:diamond: T:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2.75) J:spade: 2:diamond: T:spade: 3:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1.37, Hero calls $1.37, BB folds

RIVER ($5.49) J:spade: 2:diamond: T:spade: 3:diamond: 2:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

UTG+1 shows 7:diamond: 7:club:
      (Pre 54%, Flop 57.6%, Turn 77.3%)

Hero shows A:spade: K:club:
      (Pre 46%, Flop 42.4%, Turn 22.7%)

UTG+1 wins $5.13

Can I fire cbet here? BB can be tricky but if he has strong hand he will c/r. MP is unknown and this flop definitely hits his range...in the end I decided to c behind because he's midstack and I can't barrel him.

Turn call is just stupid (without special plan). I was thinking about river shove since my call on T looks like draw. In the end I couldn't pull the trigger.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks good (3-bet versus fishy UTG).

Postflop: What do you expect BB to cold call a 3-bet with?

Since UTG is shorter/fishy and can ck/shove the flop here and BBs range is on the stronger side i would check here as well. I don't like our turn bet there at all versus the shorter guy and I would just fold. And I wouldn't bluff the river vs fishy guy.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      22-99, KQ, AQ, AK, is range that doesn't hit. I think he folds AJ, AT type of hands so all in all I expect him to fold since this flop doesn't hit his range that well (unless he has TT+). I could see him folding but MP was the one I wasn't so sure about.

Or do you expect him to have super strong range when he just flats our 3b?

Originally posted by BogdanPSSince UTG is shorter/fishy and can ck/shove the flop here and BBs range is on the stronger side i would check here as well. I don't like our turn bet there at all versus the shorter guy and I would just fold. And I wouldn't bluff the river vs fishy guy.
      That was my thought whether he can fold QJ, KJ, or even AT, kind of hands.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      22-99, KQ, AQ, AK, is range that doesn't hit. I think he folds AJ, AT type of hands so all in all I expect him to fold since this flop doesn't hit his range that well (unless he has TT+). I could see him folding but MP was the one I wasn't so sure about.

Or do you expect him to have super strong range when he just flats our 3b?

Originally posted by BogdanPSSince UTG is shorter/fishy and can ck/shove the flop here and BBs range is on the stronger side i would check here as well. I don't like our turn bet there at all versus the shorter guy and I would just fold. And I wouldn't bluff the river vs fishy guy.
      That was my thought whether he can fold QJ, KJ, or even AT, kind of hands.
      While he can have a wider range with pairs I think that his flatting range is on the stronger side so I wouldn't expect a ton of small pairs. So until we know more I would expect to see a stronger range.

I think it would be too optimistic to think that MP can fold Jx type hands.