[NL2-NL10] bvb against reg

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed,
      villain is reg playing quite tight 18/15 but he's one of the better with floating and such.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.33)
      Hero ($12.83)
      UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($11.72)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($7.37)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: 6:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) K:diamond: 7:spade: 3:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.60) K:diamond: 7:spade: 3:diamond: Q:club:

SB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

RIVER ($1.50) K:diamond: 7:spade: 3:diamond: Q:club: 6:spade:

SB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3.10, SB calls $1.90

Hero shows K:heart: 6:heart:
      (Pre 39%, Flop 4.0%, Turn 3.4%)

SB shows K:club: 7:heart:
      (Pre 61%, Flop 96.0%, Turn 96.6%)

SB wins $7.19

Didn't want to 3b him pre because he calls 50% 3b.

I don't want to bet flop because he almost couldn't hit it.

Turn is good card but I don't want to get out of line so only calling.

River is good card since there are no draws and my 2 pair is very good. He's betting quite strong so I'm thinking he must have some Kx but in the end I go for smaller raise to get value from good Qx hands too.

What if he reraises us 3x? Can you find fold button?
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

I think that our hand plays best if we 3-bet here as a bluff. Even if he calls a lot he will be OOP with a weaker range so we can make him fold a lot.

As played why are we checking the flop with TP once he checks as PFR? Why not go for a valuebet/protection bet there?

As played villains hand looks like a slowplayed flop monster or some turned two pair like Q7/Q3 so I don't think we have a ton of value on that river unless you have any reason to expect AK/KJ to check that flop to us and then take this line.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Yax,

I think that our hand plays best if we 3-bet here as a bluff. Even if he calls a lot he will be OOP with a weaker range so we can make him fold a lot.
      Agree with that and I do that quite often but from time to time I do play some hands IP.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAs played why are we checking the flop with TP once he checks as PFR? Why not go for a valuebet/protection bet there?
      For two reasons:
      1) he's c/f a lot since he showed weakness and our TP might be good if he hits second pair on later streets.
      2) what do I do if he c/r me? My kicker is super bad and I know he's capable of doing such moves with FD. But I can't go broke with my hand or even call him.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAs played villains hand looks like a slowplayed flop monster or some turned two pair like Q7/Q3 so I don't think we have a ton of value on that river unless you have any reason to expect AK/KJ to check that flop to us and then take this line.
      Not AK but some KJ, KT, K9 maybe even. I agree it looks strong but he will be happy also with Q7, Q6 and K3 kind of hands. So if I understand you wouldn't go for a raise here?
      My thinking process was he might "slowplay" KJ, KT, K9 and then trying to get max value on T and R. Argument against it is his R bet I expect him to bet sth like $1 or even 90c with TP kind of hand.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      What range would you expect to ck/raise us except draws and sets+? Do you expect him to ck/raise AK/KQ type hands? If he only ck/raises with strong made hands and some draws we can still simply fold.
      Have we actually seen him ck/raise or raise a lot?

I think that our hand is closer to a bluffcatch on the river given villains line. But if you think that he can play KJ/KT/K9 like this with two strong bets then raising is ok but I doubt that he would play those hands like that.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      What range would you expect to ck/raise us except draws and sets+? Do you expect him to ck/raise AK/KQ type hands? If he only ck/raises with strong made hands and some draws we can still simply fold.
      Have we actually seen him ck/raise or raise a lot?
      Yeah, he does c/r with AK, KQ kind of hand but also with FD. What is weird about him is that he's capable of c/r and then c again on turn with TPTK kind of hand. But he does the same thing with bluff (giving up on the turn). Usually players on this limits take c/r and bet turn line. I don't expect him to c/r with KJ or weaker so all in all his c/r range is quite small.
      Thing is I didn't want to fold this hand because there weren't that many Kx out there and I thought I could get more value if some Q/J/T hits.

Originally posted by BogdanPSI think that our hand is closer to a bluffcatch on the river given villains line. But if you think that he can play KJ/KT/K9 like this with two strong bets then raising is ok but I doubt that he would play those hands like that.
      Bluffcatching even with only calling? I don't know, not so sure. We agree that his bets look like vbets but what you're saying is that K6 is the same as any other Kx hand like and he expects we have Kx?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You are contradicting yourself a bit.

A few replies earlier you said that he cannot show up with AK here but now you say that he can ck/raise that which means that yes, he can show up on this on the turn and then bet river as well.

What sample do we have with this guy? Because it sounds like you have a big one given all the reads you are basing your decisions on.

The reason I said that raising is not that great because his range is polarized (based on the initial info I had) which means that he either has 2p+ or nothing. The nothing doesn't call a raise and 2p+ either raises (and we have to fold) or calls. Now we beat some 2p but not that many compared to what else he could have.

Now, if we add in the fact that you think he can show up with random Kx on the river that can bet/call then raising because better.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      You are contradicting yourself a bit.

A few replies earlier you said that he cannot show up with AK here but now you say that he can ck/raise that which means that yes, he can show up on this on the turn and then bet river as well.
      :facepalm:

Originally posted by BogdanPSWhat sample do we have with this guy? Because it sounds like you have a big one given all the reads you are basing your decisions on.
      Only 1050 hands but he's playing 18/15 style (thinking about it now...this player probably NEVER c/r with air so this read is almost for sure bad). Looking in HM now and he has 65% cbet and folds only 11% to 3b, which is logical since he plays such small range of hands. But if he has 65% cbet then he either doesn't have anything or is slowplaying.

Originally posted by BogdanPSThe reason I said that raising is not that great because his range is polarized (based on the initial info I had) which means that he either has 2p+ or nothing. The nothing doesn't call a raise and 2p+ either raises (and we have to fold) or calls. Now we beat some 2p but not that many compared to what else he could have.

Now, if we add in the fact that you think he can show up with random Kx on the river that can bet/call then raising because better.
      Ok, against this kind of players I will be paying more attention next time. For me it was auto raise here. But even while playing his R bet was like wow! but in the end I thought he could slowplay some TP kind of hands.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If he only folds 11% to 3-bet I would look at how often he 4-bets. If he 4-bets little then we can take a look at how often he folds to cbet (overall and 3-bet pots) because this guy may be a great candidate for lots of 3-bets followed by cbets (or if he 4-bets a lot we expend our 3-bet/shove range).