2nd hand n im out.

• nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      How would u play in this situation?

Start of a tourney. 27ppl the blinds r 10/20.

Fold 1st hand cos it's rubbish, but the guy to my left seemed like a donk raising large n pushing all-in on the turn.

2nd hand i get 10Js in mid pos. Yes im out of pos but when 10J is suited i like to play it. So i limped in seeing if any1 would raise n i mite think about what to do then. the guy to my left limped in. No one raises. the flop comes:

AKQ. I've flopped the nuts n have a back door flush draw so i check. The guy to my left bets 2/3 pot. Now im thinking he mite b goin crazy again n i've got the nuts so i decide to re-raise his bet x3. He puts me all in.......im thinkin what the hell cud he of limped in with. AQ, A5, KQ, or trying for str8 draw? So i call bcos i want to increase my stack n have a good shot of taking 1st prize.

He limped in with AK n u know what the turn n the river was. KINGS. He sucks out n gets lucky. What a bad beat. Meh.
  • 8 replies
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      One very easy way to prevent such bad beats happening. Fold Preflop :D
    • nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      Ok mr.business guru do u play soild tight only playin premium hands at the start of tourneys giving an image that ur tight so ur good hands dont realy win f all cos everyone knows when ur raising u've got a good hand. Sick of play patience. GRRRRR i need a break from poker 4 bit. Losing it X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You might get used to saying straightdraw or SD instead of str8 and more of those computer language. Im used to it but I bet other people are not.

And after all he got like 18% chance to hit his Full house. Nothing you can do even though its your 2nd hand :)
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      One unlucky tournament and you are allready losing it?I suggest you to read the psyhology articles.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      This wasn't unlucky it was bad play, fold preflop!!
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      PLATINUMZ!?

Anyway @OP. Remember if you flop the nuts, your opponents are often on drawing hands, and they can outdraw your nuts. (That sounds funny! :D ) And limping with JTs in middle position on hand 2 I call sheit.

JTs/o is a famous overplayed loosing hand for beginners. Its ok to lay it down, just think about the risk/reward. Atleast raise. Show some nuts. Haha.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      Originally posted by cannell555
      PLATINUMZ!?

Anyway @OP. Remember if you flop the nuts, your opponents are often on drawing hands, and they can outdraw your nuts. (That sounds funny! :D ) And limping with JTs in middle position on hand 2 I call sheit.

JTs/o is a famous overplayed loosing hand for beginners. Its ok to lay it down, just think about the risk/reward. Atleast raise. Show some nuts. Haha.
      :D
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      buy-in for the next tourney, duh