This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2nd hand n im out.

• nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      How would u play in this situation?

Start of a tourney. 27ppl the blinds r 10/20.

Fold 1st hand cos it's rubbish, but the guy to my left seemed like a donk raising large n pushing all-in on the turn.

2nd hand i get 10Js in mid pos. Yes im out of pos but when 10J is suited i like to play it. So i limped in seeing if any1 would raise n i mite think about what to do then. the guy to my left limped in. No one raises. the flop comes:

AKQ. I've flopped the nuts n have a back door flush draw so i check. The guy to my left bets 2/3 pot. Now im thinking he mite b goin crazy again n i've got the nuts so i decide to re-raise his bet x3. He puts me all in.......im thinkin what the hell cud he of limped in with. AQ, A5, KQ, or trying for str8 draw? So i call bcos i want to increase my stack n have a good shot of taking 1st prize.

He limped in with AK n u know what the turn n the river was. KINGS. He sucks out n gets lucky. What a bad beat. Meh.
  • 8 replies
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      One very easy way to prevent such bad beats happening. Fold Preflop :D
    • nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      Ok mr.business guru do u play soild tight only playin premium hands at the start of tourneys giving an image that ur tight so ur good hands dont realy win f all cos everyone knows when ur raising u've got a good hand. Sick of play patience. GRRRRR i need a break from poker 4 bit. Losing it X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You might get used to saying straightdraw or SD instead of str8 and more of those computer language. Im used to it but I bet other people are not.

And after all he got like 18% chance to hit his Full house. Nothing you can do even though its your 2nd hand :)
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      One unlucky tournament and you are allready losing it?I suggest you to read the psyhology articles.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      This wasn't unlucky it was bad play, fold preflop!!
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      PLATINUMZ!?

Anyway @OP. Remember if you flop the nuts, your opponents are often on drawing hands, and they can outdraw your nuts. (That sounds funny! :D ) And limping with JTs in middle position on hand 2 I call sheit.

JTs/o is a famous overplayed loosing hand for beginners. Its ok to lay it down, just think about the risk/reward. Atleast raise. Show some nuts. Haha.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      Originally posted by cannell555
      PLATINUMZ!?

Anyway @OP. Remember if you flop the nuts, your opponents are often on drawing hands, and they can outdraw your nuts. (That sounds funny! :D ) And limping with JTs in middle position on hand 2 I call sheit.

JTs/o is a famous overplayed loosing hand for beginners. Its ok to lay it down, just think about the risk/reward. Atleast raise. Show some nuts. Haha.
      :D
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      buy-in for the next tourney, duh