[NL2-NL10] Qq

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      So I had him on a flushdraw as I can't really see anything else he could have, he's not doing this with top pair. Definitely the type of player to make this move as well. unlucky? I can't see any other way than playing for stacks here but vs. his draw I only have 61% equity so it's close...

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2079211
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $9.37 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 26, 3B: 7, AF: 5.0, Hands: 43
      Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 0.5, Hands: 59
      MP: $10.18 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 12, 3B: 5, AF: 2.7, Hands: 59
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 4, AF: 0.0, Hands: 76
      BTN: $12.07 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 10, 3B: 11, AF: 2.0, Hands: 41

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Q :spade: Q :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, MP calls $0.80, SB calls $0.80

Flop: ($3.30) 8 :club: 2 :spade: 9 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.60, MP folds, SB raises to $8.27, Hero calls $5.67

Turn: ($19.84) 4 :club: (2 players)

River: ($19.84) 3 :club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.84
      SB shows J :club: 5 :club:
      Hero shows Q :spade: Q :heart:
      SB wins $18.95
      (Rake: $0.89)
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why can't villain have 88/99 and even TT?

Either way I am not bet/folding that flop when we get 25% pot odds and he can have many worse hands.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Either way I am not bet/folding that flop when we get 25% pot odds and he can have many worse hands.
      Sure 88/99/TT is a possibility but his 3-Bet calling range is much wider than just PP's/premium hands so I think the flush draw is most likely, especially when this type of player loves to play any suited cards.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Hi Sketchzr,

Sure 88/99/TT is a possibility but his 3-Bet calling range is much wider than just PP's/premium hands so I think the flush draw is most likely, especially when this type of player loves to play any suited cards.
      Sure, but why are we ignoring part of his range?

Tt is 6 combos, 88 is 3, 99 is 3, even 9x/OESDs play a role here and he can have that (if he likes to play suited cards). So you are far better off estimating a range where you include all possible hands not just what you think makes up the bulk of it. Because by the end of it flush draws make up maybe 50% of his range.

Either way we are fine to go ahead with the hand but when you equilab look at a range containing all of the above.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Hi Sketchzr,

Sure, but why are we ignoring part of his range?

Tt is 6 combos, 88 is 3, 99 is 3, even 9x/OESDs play a role here and he can have that (if he likes to play suited cards). So you are far better off estimating a range where you include all possible hands not just what you think makes up the bulk of it. Because by the end of it flush draws make up maybe 50% of his range.

Either way we are fine to go ahead with the hand but when you equilab look at a range containing all of the above.
      Will do, need to spend some more time in equilab I thinks.

I don't think I'm ignoring his range I just tend to eliminate hands that I don't think factor into my decision, if he has 88/99 unlucky that's 2 hands (or 6 combos) has me beat, and I'm ahead of most draws, I know all this makes a difference to my overall equity, but I think I can roughly figure out I'm ahead of his entire range on this flop, however I shall put this through equilab later on.

I'll admit I don't notice potential straight draws sometimes though :P definitely need some work doing there.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      While in this case it may not change it sure would in others :)

Glad to see that you will work on it.