This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 zoom KK 3bet pot OOP deep River spot

• dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $86.14
      SB: $70.86
      Hero (BB): $94.30
      UTG: $211.92
      MP: $50.30
      CO: $118.33

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has K:spade: K:heart:

fold, MP raises to $1.50, fold, BTN calls $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $6.25, MP calls $4.75, BTN calls $4.75

Flop: ($19.00, 3 players) 3:heart: 5:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero bets $10.50, fold, BTN calls $10.50

Turn: ($40.00, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets $22.00, BTN calls $22.00

River: ($84.00, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $55.55 and is all-in, BTN calls $47.39

Vilain 19/16 3% 3bet do you agree with a play?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

PF: Squeeze to 7 at the very least. All of you are deep.

River is kind of a bad card for you but I think you have no choice but to ship and hope for the best.

He seems kind of nitty, he has 10 combos of boats and quads, 6 combos of QQ and some TT/99 combos which could potentially hero-call (though it seems unlikely when he's so nitty and stacks are deep). But he might 3bet QQ preflop, maybe JJ too. It's just a really bad spot to be in.

I think QQ here would probably be a check/call or maybe even a check/fold. AA would definitely be a shove since you now beat slowplayed KK which doesn't want to play for stacks when deep.

Check/folding KK here seems kind of weak though, and Check/calling KK seems foolish when I don't expect him to have too many draws when flop is rather dry besides flush draw. Betting seems to value-cut yourself. I think this is an easy shove at higher limits vs a non-nit when you have aggro image. Here, it is really dependent on your image.

For such spots with overpairs, we are mostly targetting TT/JJ/QQ when we bet and hope for hero-calls. I didn't really answer your question but hope it gives you something to think about.

Thanks.