[NL2-NL10] nl10 TT flatted OOP

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $11.32 (113.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $17.30 (173 bb)
      BB: $18.78 (187.8 bb)
      UTG: $3.77 (37.7 bb)
      MP: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      CO: $10.32 (103.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) A 9 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($3.10) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Results:
      $3.10 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: A 9 9 2 A
      Hero showed T T and won $2.96 ($1.46 net)
      MP mucked 3 3 and lost (-$1.50 net)

i have 0 hands on villain and no other info since it's zoom. he probably is a regular though.

preflop:
      i tend to 3bet TT from the blinds vs a LP open, however here i was happier just calling and playing carefully postflop. BB is pretty tight, but i didn't look at the time.

flop:
      i was thinking at the time that villain probably will bet all of his air here so i don't have to believe the cbet, however in review i think he's actually betting his entire range here since he has many draws too and my life will be tough OOP. his bet size is weak but maybe he's inviting me to call him..

turn:
      he can barrel his draws here as well as his turned backdoor :spade: draw so i decided to call again. i'll fold to a 3rd barrel on the river regardless of the card since i expect him to check back SDV and i doubt he will continue bluffing once i've called twice. what do you think about the plan?

river:
      interesting river since now it's hard for him to be too strong here. if he is a reg (which is the assumption) then i doubt he has 9x apart from pocket 99. so he either has rivered a FH or has an airy hand/busted draw which i don't think will continue bluffing on such an ugly board. is this wrong? i planned to check/fold although i find it difficult to believe he has Ax or 9x - maybe it's a leak to not give enough credit. i expect him to have something like KQ/QJ/KTs/QTs.

can we assume an unknown would 2nd barrel for thin value with a hand like JJ-KK on this board? i'm also assuming people won't be turning 33-88 into a bluff here...
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine. 3-betting turns your hand into a bluff and you have many better hands that you can 3-bet here.

Postflop: It's fine to assume that villains will rarely bluff that river because our hand can also look at a lot like an Ax so they may get scared.

I think that villain can easily have some Ax hands in his range however he will rarely have the stronger AK/AQ based on his bet sizing. I wouldn't be surprised if he bet AT/AJ like this. However I do agree with you that on flop/turn he can have plenty of bluffs draws.

So river ck/fold is fine. There would be an argument to bet small on the river, like $1 to induce a light call from K high but we may induce a bluff and we have to fold everytime there's a raise (given that we have no info).