This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10, KJs OOP

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $14.99 (149.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $19.32 (193.2 bb)
      BB: $10.59 (105.9 bb)
      UTG: $10.08 (100.8 bb)
      MP: $12.81 (128.1 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.80) 8 4 K (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.80) Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BB folds, CO calls $0.90

River: ($3.60) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.30, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.60 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: 8 4 K Q Q
      Hero mucked J K and lost (-$1.50 net)
      CO mucked and won $3.44 ($1.94 net)

villain is 13/13 over 15 hands and this hand is included in those numbers so i didn't have that much info. BB is 18/18 over 17 hands and has 3bet once or twice.

preflop:
      wasn't sure whether or not i could 3bet here vs an unknown. since BB is quite tight i dont expect many squeezes here so just called. if it was KJo i would have 3bet because KJs plays better postflop i think.

BB makes the fishy minsqueeze and i don't think i can fold even though it's a bit shitty being OOP now. i wasn't sure but just called. doubt i can backraise here...

flop:
      i planned to check call and see a turn as long as there wasn't crazy action. i think if i was HU i might lead out for value and protection but i think i'd need info to see how villain would react to a donk.

turn:
      nobody has shown much interest so i just stab with my equity and i think i can check/call a blank river.. i really hate my sizing and think $1.20 would have been a better size.

river:
      i think it's a terrible card.. and i don't think i can get any more value. i wasn't sure about what to do here and i think villain could easily have bluffed me out of this hand... what do you think? his sizing on the river is a bit extreme and i tend to give less credit but i think it's just one of those spots that sucks and i just have to fold.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: 3-betting would most likely show us an immediate profit from the times that collect the dead money. Calling is also fine though and once we get min 3-bet it's between a fold and a call (never a reraise). Calling 3-way is fine for flush/draw possibility I'd be really careful with just one pair.

Postflop: Checking flop and betting turn is fine and on the river villain is representing a Qx hand (like AQ) with his big bet. However I would prefer a larger bet on the turn, to about 2/3 pot.

On the river ck/folding is fine even though he is polarized. I think that unless he is a bluffy fish this will be a value bet almost always (from Qx).