[NL2-NL10] nl10, KJs OOP

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $14.99 (149.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $19.32 (193.2 bb)
      BB: $10.59 (105.9 bb)
      UTG: $10.08 (100.8 bb)
      MP: $12.81 (128.1 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.80) 8 4 K (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.80) Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BB folds, CO calls $0.90

River: ($3.60) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.30, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.60 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: 8 4 K Q Q
      Hero mucked J K and lost (-$1.50 net)
      CO mucked and won $3.44 ($1.94 net)

villain is 13/13 over 15 hands and this hand is included in those numbers so i didn't have that much info. BB is 18/18 over 17 hands and has 3bet once or twice.

preflop:
      wasn't sure whether or not i could 3bet here vs an unknown. since BB is quite tight i dont expect many squeezes here so just called. if it was KJo i would have 3bet because KJs plays better postflop i think.

BB makes the fishy minsqueeze and i don't think i can fold even though it's a bit shitty being OOP now. i wasn't sure but just called. doubt i can backraise here...

flop:
      i planned to check call and see a turn as long as there wasn't crazy action. i think if i was HU i might lead out for value and protection but i think i'd need info to see how villain would react to a donk.

turn:
      nobody has shown much interest so i just stab with my equity and i think i can check/call a blank river.. i really hate my sizing and think $1.20 would have been a better size.

river:
      i think it's a terrible card.. and i don't think i can get any more value. i wasn't sure about what to do here and i think villain could easily have bluffed me out of this hand... what do you think? his sizing on the river is a bit extreme and i tend to give less credit but i think it's just one of those spots that sucks and i just have to fold.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: 3-betting would most likely show us an immediate profit from the times that collect the dead money. Calling is also fine though and once we get min 3-bet it's between a fold and a call (never a reraise). Calling 3-way is fine for flush/draw possibility I'd be really careful with just one pair.

Postflop: Checking flop and betting turn is fine and on the river villain is representing a Qx hand (like AQ) with his big bet. However I would prefer a larger bet on the turn, to about 2/3 pot.

On the river ck/folding is fine even though he is polarized. I think that unless he is a bluffy fish this will be a value bet almost always (from Qx).