[NL2-NL10] nl10 KJs 3barrel?

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $20.71 (207.1 bb)
      SB: $10.27 (102.7 bb)
      BB: $36.57 (365.7 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.10 (101 bb)
      MP: $9.71 (97.1 bb)
      CO: $8.86 (88.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K J
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) T 3 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BTN calls $0.80

River: ($3.15) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.80, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.15 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: T 3 5 9 6
      BTN mucked and won $3.01 ($1.51 net)
      Hero mucked K J and lost (-$1.50 net)

villain is 40/30 over 12 hands and i don't have any more info about him but again i'm just assuming he's a reg.

preflop is a bit borderline since i didn't have a decent reason to open this hand. but i guess it's not terrible.

flop:
      i think it's a standard cbet while HU with backdoor equity.

turn:
      one of the better cards for my hand so i continue the aggression and barrel with turned equity. should i have bet bigger? i'm not sure if there's much point since he will probably fold his air-floats regardless of sizing (within reason) and if he calls then im investing less while i have just a draw.. maybe i should just make all my bets bigger on such a board?

river:
      once he called 2 streets he has to have something so his range is JJ/Tx like AT, slowplayed sets, maybe A9s and maybe some QJ hands or something. so i doubt i can get him to fold much with a 3rd barrel and i just gave up. although i wanted to fire again i don't think this is the board to do it on. should i have fired again or is it okay?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Just bet larger on all streets. I bet 50cents on Flop, then I would bet like 80% to full pot on the Turn. We don't want him to just fold his air, we want to set up many profitable river bluffs as well. We can also bloat up the pot when we hit. We have about 25% chance of making a monster, and maybe another 12% more chance of hitting top pair.

River doesn't change anything, and board has 5 low cards. So I think river is probably not a good card to bluff since villain can have 12 combos of sets and maybe T9s, and a ton of other strong hands. But you can definitely bluff rivered Ace and a ton of other stuff.

Thanks.