This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50 SH 98s

• Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $134,35
      BB:
      $50,00
      MP3:
      $50,00
      CO:
      $190,85
      BU:
      $86,20

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: , 8:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BB calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,00) 9:club: , 6:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BB calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,00) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,00, BB raises to $16,00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $17,00

Should i just complete the blind preflop? is check /fold good on river?
  • 5 replies
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      im just playing NL10 but id do it the same way, id never complete/limp any hand on SH tables, thats pure weakness imo. 98s is a great hand to steal with, if i were BB in this situation and you just complete id raise almost any two.

depends on his turn aggression, but i guess i would also b/f here. it seems like you only got the two remaining 9s as countable outs so a call is way to expensive

just my 2 cents :)
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      I also raise in the SB pf. On the turn it's very opponent dependant i think. Blind vs blind is a game of chicken. Mostly i would fold.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Without reads or stats I'd fold also, but he might do that with air...
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      i would make it at least 2$ being oop against bb who has to call just 1 buck to play a hand in position against us . here villain is representing a hand like trips 6 . i dont think he raises a draw if he didnt raise on the flop and i think he would raise a set on that drawy board but not necesarily . if i dont have history against him i give up because i dont beat nothing but a bluff and when people want action on the turn they usualy have a big hand at nl50
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      i would make it at least 2$ being oop against bb who has to call just 1 buck to play a hand in position against us . here villain is representing a hand like trips 6 . i dont think he raises a draw if he didnt raise on the flop and i think he would raise a set on that drawy board but not necesarily . if i dont have history against him i give up because i dont beat nothing but a bluff and when people want action on the turn they usualy have a big hand at nl50

I totally agree!