This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo

• pantasrb
      pantasrb
      Bronze
      Known players:
      BU = ($3.24)
      SB (Hero) = ($2.05)
      BB = ($2.39)
      MP2 = ($2.17)
      MP3 = ($1.22)
      CO = ($1.44)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BU folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) J, A, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.24) 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BB raises to $0.48, CO raises to $1.36, Hero folds, BB folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.88.

Both player unknown. Is my fold ok i think they had set.
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I guess your actions post-flop should depend on how aggressive they are and how often they are willing to go to SD. ON most cases I'd be ready to stack-off here. You have top 2pair and when this is NL2 zoom, opponents' might go wild with TPGK, weaker 2 pair (A8/A2..) etc., and they could even stack off with just a draw. There's not actually that many hands that beat you and you are overall ahead of ordinary recreational players' range.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi pantas,

Formatting could use some work for the next hands.

While sets are possible so are multiple 2p type hands and even TP so I would never fold after we raise his turn bet especially because he seems fishy.
    • pantasrb
      pantasrb
      Bronze
      I have AJ and i did bet turn and the guy raised and third guy bet all in. So i thought at least one of them had set.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by pantasrb
      I have AJ and i did bet turn and the guy raised and third guy bet all in. So i thought at least one of them had set.
      Yes, we have top 2.

The guy that raised (3-bet) is the preflop raiser that checked the flop. So the only set he can really have is 88 which is only 3 combos. He can just as easy have J8 or even A8.