Meredori and Free Money

• meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      I guess I will just post a hello here and announce the start of my career in Poker.

Background: I have played poker for a while although never competitively online and as such I have no solid strategy. I live in Australia and I am 19 years old. I study IT at University and hope to go into web programming as a career.

Poker: I have decided to start of with No-Limit poker after thinking and so I am starting SSS as suggested in the strategy guides.

Start Date: 20/7/08

22/7/08: Balance: $50.09
      Well today I started my blog on the forum just to actually blurt on about whatever and so I sit here thinking of what to write. Well as you can see I am in a .09c profit at the moment which I say is a good thing because I am not losing. I had three of a kind 8 beaten by pocket 5 which turned into a flush on the river, wondering how when you think you have it in the bag easily it just turns on you.

Nothing else to write really. Playing on NL10 as suggested by BRM, following the starting hand guide and playing to what it says.

Education: 9/10
      Enjoyment: 9/10
      Profitability: 6/10
      Luck: 4/10
  • 10 replies
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Good luck with it!! Good to see another Aussie on here taking advantage of the great resources.

Make sure that you post hands in the hand post forum when you are unsure about a play you made, this will then give you individual and exact to the situation advice. You'll learn so much and it's quality. Having discussions on these will help you to understand others thought processes. (same with videos)

Anyway, i've rattled on! Good luck and win some monsters!!!
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      23/7/08: Balance: $51.59

Well as you can see I have improved on yesterdays position by a little bit, but a profit is still a profit, hope I can keep it up and learn more. Wouldn't want to lose it all!

Nothing interesting really happened and because I haven't played too many hands there is no need for graphs. they might be a monthly thing and maybe if I play faster a weekly thing.

Still on the NL10 as suggested by BRM. Being a good boy!

Education: 9/10
      Enjoyment: 9/10
      Luck: 5/10
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      An Aussie, welcome on board.

Where do you play? on how many tables and for how long do you play each session?
      Good luck!
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      24/7/08: Balance $51.59

Thanks Gerv for the suggestion of things to add. I will put them up next time I play some poker. Had a long day and didn't get to play at all today. Hopefully I can play later and see what happens.

Education: 5/10
      Enjoyment: 5/10
      Profitability: 5/10
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      25/7/08: Balance:$52.60

Well today I had a go at the SnG format. 4 Tables of $1 (Still in BRM) Following the SHC makes it so much easier and as you can see I posted a small profit.

The entire session only lasted as long as those 4 SnG as I was a bit busy today also. I should be playing more today although I will go back to NL SSS as right now that is the most appealing.

Education: 7/10
      Enjoyment: 8/10
      Luck: 6/10
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      29/7/08: Balance: $51.81

It's been a while and I apologize, I have been busy with Uni. Alright there is not much to comment on here. I am playing 4 Table NL10 and my sessions do tend to vary. Earlier it was about 45 minutes.

Enjoyment: 5/10
      Profitability: 5/10
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Hey Meredori, nice to see someone else who is starting on PS with SSS just as I did :)

SSS takes time and a lot of it. Follow the SHCs and the guides and try to play properly but time invested will help u a lot too, specially if u are at a site that offers u a good bonus deal. The bonuses do a lot to boost your BR right at the start. It's not unlikely that u will earn most of your money through these bonus/rake back deals at the micro limits.

But all in all nice that u are having fun and that u are in the black :) Good luck in the future! :)
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      cool, another aussie... so many of us here now!

SSS is all about patience, as such, its easy enough to open up 8+ tables and comfortably play them. at the moment im on about $4/hr playing SSS NL10 but im told thats too high. just keep trying. $1 SnG's, rake is a killer. you need to place 2nd in 40% of SnG's just to break even(on titan poker anyways)
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      4/8/08 Balance: $131.54

Well here I am after a few days. I feel I should update now with a lucky day. I have started playing SnG and Torneys as I feel they are more my thing. So far I have had luck. I placed 5th in a 1.5k Garanteed $1 rebuy torney. That means $78 won! It is my first online win in a torney and I can tell you I am quite excited. I can't really remember any hands expect the one that knocked me out. I had AQo vs 99. Floped the A and the 9 came on the turn. I was also second chip lead at the time and the only hand to call was chip leader.

I am not overly upset though it was a +EV situation and I still finished up well.

I hope the rest of you have had some success.
      On a side note I also made $7 profit on $3 SnG. :)

Enjoyment: 10/10
      Profitability: 10/10
      Luck: 10/10
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Congratz on the tourney-cash ;)