bankroll management WSOP

• henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      I started to wondering about BRM for players in WSOP in the car yesterday....

How many of all players have a roll for playing for example Main Event.

Main Event last year had around 6000 players and the buyin is $10000. Let's say you should have 100BI roll. It should be $1.000.000 roll. I guess alot of the players doesn't have a proper BR for this event. And the one that has a good bankroll, doesn't have to pay the BI because they are sponsored.
  • 5 replies
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      surely some sell pieces (like BAP) to pay the entry. so then it's like staking = BR isn't that important since the only issue is whether or not your can get a backer.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Also a lot of players get there through satellite tournaments.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MMPokerNab
      surely some sell pieces (like BAP) to pay the entry. so then it's like staking = BR isn't that important since the only issue is whether or not your can get a backer.
      This :)
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by henrikov
      I started to wondering about BRM for players in WSOP in the car yesterday....

How many of all players have a roll for playing for example Main Event.

Main Event last year had around 6000 players and the buyin is $10000. Let's say you should have 100BI roll. It should be $1.000.000 roll. I guess alot of the players doesn't have a proper BR for this event. And the one that has a good bankroll, doesn't have to pay the BI because they are sponsored.
      Yea of course. It's like saying you need $100.000.000 roll to play in one for one drop... haha. Besides, high buy-in events don't happen so often so it's more or less okay to not follow BRM for these events.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      most are under rolled ,

even for the 1000k events then you got travel hotels etc etc

if they could get the volume in live like you can online most would go broke

i was talking to a uk pro he said he takes about £70k to play wsop