This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

bankroll management WSOP

• henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      I started to wondering about BRM for players in WSOP in the car yesterday....

How many of all players have a roll for playing for example Main Event.

Main Event last year had around 6000 players and the buyin is $10000. Let's say you should have 100BI roll. It should be $1.000.000 roll. I guess alot of the players doesn't have a proper BR for this event. And the one that has a good bankroll, doesn't have to pay the BI because they are sponsored.
  • 5 replies
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      surely some sell pieces (like BAP) to pay the entry. so then it's like staking = BR isn't that important since the only issue is whether or not your can get a backer.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Also a lot of players get there through satellite tournaments.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MMPokerNab
      surely some sell pieces (like BAP) to pay the entry. so then it's like staking = BR isn't that important since the only issue is whether or not your can get a backer.
      This :)
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by henrikov
      I started to wondering about BRM for players in WSOP in the car yesterday....

How many of all players have a roll for playing for example Main Event.

Main Event last year had around 6000 players and the buyin is $10000. Let's say you should have 100BI roll. It should be $1.000.000 roll. I guess alot of the players doesn't have a proper BR for this event. And the one that has a good bankroll, doesn't have to pay the BI because they are sponsored.
      Yea of course. It's like saying you need $100.000.000 roll to play in one for one drop... haha. Besides, high buy-in events don't happen so often so it's more or less okay to not follow BRM for these events.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      most are under rolled ,

even for the 1000k events then you got travel hotels etc etc

if they could get the volume in live like you can online most would go broke

i was talking to a uk pro he said he takes about £70k to play wsop