NLSH10 ZOOMING the Bankroll

• 7 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Honestly for low stakes 15BI is enough up to nl25, just move down/up when you have the roll.

Most decent regs start appearing at nl50 and some nitty ones at nl25.

Remember: Discipline is important. Move up and down, do not be ashamed to move down when needed (I was back than, kinda regretted it)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey guys,

Personally 15BI is too low for me and I would at least have 30 if not 40BI especially when you are 4 tabling. It also depends on your ability to control tilt as well.

30BI for me!

Regards,
      Gary
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I use 20/18BRM while 6 tabling (currently NL10 SH non-zoom) which means 20 BI to move up, move back down at 18 (so usually 36 for the moved down limit). I think the actual amount is not so important, but that it is an amount where
      a) You adhere to these numbers and drop down without hesitation when your bankroll dictates it.
      b) You have enough that winning and losing multiple stacks in a session does not affect your emotions significantly. You must be able to make +EV plays and not play scared money or feel like 'locking up' wins.

I think it should be really personal. Also FR/SH/HU and Cash/SnG/MTT makes a lot of difference.

The site EV++ has a calculator where you type in some numbers and it shows you the risk of ruin. You will find that even with 10 BI brm the risk is relatively low, and I'm not even sure it factors in that you're willing to move down. But it also doesn't factor in tilt as mentioned above. If you tilt easy, nitty brm may be good.

Personally I would say 300 is definitely enough to play NL10 Zoom, especially if its FR. Do you feel like you're beating NL5 well? That is the main question when moving up.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      He is playing SH ;)
    • kspades52
      kspades52
      Basic
      Whats controll the tilt???
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kspades52
      Whats controll the tilt???
      Controlling tilt is to know when you're no longer playing your a-Game because you're on Tilt, you may have just lost a big pot with AA v KK so you're annoyed and on "Tilt"

Tilt can b a destroyer of bankrolls as you no longer think like a winning player, but a madman, we have a few articles on tilt, here is a Basic one you may wish to check out How can you protect your money from tilt?

If you feel you're not playing your A-Game, leave the table, don't go chasing loses and trying to win it back, it rarely happens :)
    • kspades52
      kspades52
      Basic
      Thank you that is def one of my problems im going to atlantic city timorrow to play ill let u know how it went tyvm