This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh JJ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5 (50 bb)
      Hero (SB): $13.64 (136.4 bb)
      BB: $20.86 (208.6 bb)
      UTG: $12.26 (122.6 bb)
      MP: $14.03 (140.3 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15, BB folds

Flop: ($0.50) 7 2 T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.20) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

River: ($2.60) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.75 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.75

Results:
      $10.10 pot ($0.45 rake)
      Final Board: 7 2 T 6 2
      BTN showed 6 6 and won $9.65 ($4.65 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$5 net)

i don't like how i played this river i think it's really bad to call now.

should i have 3bet preflop? villain is unknown, (60/20 over 5 hands). most likely weaker given his stack size. i know since villain is weaker then it means i should 3bet JJ for value, but i didn't want him to shove with his stack. at the time i didn't really know what to do so i just called but i only need to be good something like 40% and i think i am with JJ vs a range of 99+ and AQ+.. so maybe i should have 3bet/called it off.

on the flop i'm pretty sure i have the best hand but i didnt raise because he won't be continuing that much with worse hands so i just check/call.

on the turn it isn't the greatest card but again i can't say im behind for sure. if i donk i don't know what worse hands call.. maybe donking is actually best on the turn while i think he can now call with his AhXx hands or whatever but he may not necessarily continue betting them himself... i didnt check/raise because its really overplaying.

the river i should have check/folded since he is never bluffing so his range is now straights+
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Pf 3b is way better. Its always a 3b given 100bb but even more so vs 50bber.

Without reads flop is a cr. He doesnt fold TX and he should stack off on flop woth kt and at a lot. Rmb when stack sizes are shallow u can stack off relatively lighter.

Thanks.