Stacks:
      UTG ($64.33) 129bb
      UTG+1 ($50) 100bb
      CO ($24.64) 49bb
      PotWhereRUgoing (BTN) ($51.40) 103bb
      SB ($36) 72bb
      BB ($54.50) 109bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) PotWhereRUgoing is BTN K:diamond: K:spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, PotWhereRUgoing raises to $4, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.50

Flop: 2:diamond: 9:diamond: Q:diamond: ($8.75, 2 players)
      UTG checks, PotWhereRUgoing bets $4.50, UTG calls $4.50

Turn: 6:spade: ($17.75, 2 players)
      UTG checks, PotWhereRUgoing bets $11, UTG goes all-in $55.83
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Firstly, why did you 3bet so small? Standard sizing for you IP?

Secondly, 16%UTG is not that wide. 3betting for value is fine but then when you get called think a lot of his range. It will contain what? TT-QQ and suited broadways. You can't attack that board often if you 3bet reasonably wide meaning you have to check back sometimes. I would personally check back KK with Kd some of the time too. Not always, depends a bit on recent history but I would strongly consider it.

As played, You need him to be a stationy player to bet flop and bet turn imo. All you get value from his AQ, I doubt he has worse in his rangeand even those AQ combos might not be full. Bet should be +EV, I think vs the big shove it's a close fold.. If he'd turn do this with many draws I'd say call but I can't see enough draws here.. That said, yourself having Kd discounts some of his made flushes, not so many of his draws since KQo doesn't defend here but AKdd and KQdd probably does..

I would go for a fold here, opponent seemes straight forward in 3bet pot from what you said.
    • cordaci
      cordaci
      Black
      Yes, this is my standard 3b IP, don`t feel i have to make it bigger as they already make a mistake by calling oop, is this correct ?

Also isnt KKd a bit too strong to have in our x back range here? I would rather have AQ there.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'm comparing your KKd with his range and also thinking how betting this hand affects your checking range. KK without diamonds is an easy fold to a raise but with diamonds it's unfortunate to fold a redraw and you have some implied odds because 'nobody checks back a flushdraw as PFR'. In other words, it's also deceiptive. Cbetting it should ofc be +EV but any hand you include in one of your ranges will not be when you take the other options available.

It's a bit complicated to explain, you have to think a bit like this: What hands can I check back and get to showdown with here? Then you probably see KKd is one of the best to have given villains reaosnably strong range (tougher to get value with just an overpair).