This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Speed AK BvB

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $6.84 (136.8 bb)
      UTG: $5.20 (104 bb)
      MP: $5.96 (119.2 bb)
      CO: $1 (20 bb)
      BTN: $2.66 (53.2 bb)
      SB: $4.08 (81.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A K
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.80) K 7 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.55

Turn: ($3) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.58 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $3 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: K 7 3 7
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$1.50 net)
      SB mucked and won $2.85 ($1.35 net)

Villain is unknown w no hands.

PF: I 3-bet for value BvB

Flop: I bet for value vs worse Kings and some flushdraws. When he min-raised, my A :diamond: blocks his Flush combos. I feel his range is still pretty wide here so I decided to call IP and try and get to showdown as cheap as possible. W his stack, I know I have to decide to get it in on the Turn.

Turn: The 7 is not a good card as 7x also beats me now. I was contemplating to call as I don't think he reps much here. Don't think he will call a 3-bet OOP w 7x. Don't think he will play a diamond draw w/o A :diamond: this way as well.

I think he has a lot of Kx in his range, and AK makes perfect sense to play like this. But I'm really not sure ?(
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi cheekopeh,

Preflop: looks fine but again I'd make it larger for pure value

Postflop: Why are we folding TPTK in a 3-bet pot versus a fishy short/mind stacker guy?

Your flop call is fine but should be followed by a call on the turn. I can see him playing like this with any Kx.

If you don't want to call just shove the flop.