$11,45
      MP3:
      $59,70
      Hero:
      $21,40
      BU:
      $2,45

0,05/0,1 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, BU folds, SB calls $0,45, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,40, MP3 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($2,10) T:club: , 6:heart: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,10) 8:spade: (4 players)
      SB bets $0,70, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,70, Hero raises to $3,00, SB folds, MP3 calls $2,30.

River: ($8,80) K:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $5,50, MP3 raises to $25,30, Hero calls $12,40, MP3 gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $44,60

i could have bet the flop but it seems pretty harmless so i was trying to trap mp3.
      the real issue here is would you have folded to the raise on the river and why?
  • 7 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Actually, I think there are other issues throughout the hand.

Pre-Flop:
      You could've raised to 6BB instead of 5BB, I think you can extract more value and isolate bad players by raising more in these micro-limits.

Flop:
      Bet it here. Although the board is not too dangerous, it's a multiway pot, there may be already someone drawing so you don't want to give free cards. Also, you can extract value from a T, and since you got position, they may think you're just trying to steal the pot and may even get a call from a 6 or a 3.

Turn:
      I'd continue my aggression if I had bet the flop.
      As played you have to raise here, but you raised too little IMO. I'd raise to ~$4 here. There are straight and flush draws on the board and 3 opponents. It's very likely someone is drawing, so make them pay for it.

River:
      Since MP3 is passive and this is NL10 I think betting is not a bad choice, you may get called by worse hands often enough.
      But after his raise, I'm folding. I can't see any hands you're beating here, MP3 is so passive that I can't imagine him check/raising you without at least a straight, but a flush is more likely. IMO, there's a pretty small chance you have the best hand so I'd say you're beaten way too often to make this call proffitable.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      You really need to bet the flop, you can't slowplay an overpair in a 4 way pot. The chances that someone outdraws you are way too high. On the river you hit your set, and I'd go broke with it, he could be overplaying 2 pair or have an underset. I'm guessing he had the flush/straight though?? The thing is you wouldn't have to make a tough call like this at the end if you had bet out from the flop.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      On the river you hit your set, and I'd go broke with it, he could be overplaying 2 pair or have an underset.
      I strongly disagree with going broke here. MP3 AF is 1, suddenly the guy check/raises all-in, there's a big chance he's got a hand there. (EDIT: A big one :P )
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Hey Faye, I don't play with stats yet unfortunately, so I hadn't even looked at them...I was makng the (obviously incorrect :P ) assumption that the player was relatively unknown, and I would go broke with a set here against an unknown. I know more or less what VPIP/PFR and WTS means but what exactly does AF mean, and what does it mean if his AF is 1.

thanks a lot :)
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Actually, I almost overlooked the stats when I made the first post. :D

AF means Aggression Factor. AF = 1 means the guy is passive. :P

From the stats, MP3 is loose passive, although he's a loose raiser PF he's quite passive post-flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      hello Paf4488

Welcome to the no limit forum.

I would make 1,5$ contibet on the flop to protect my overpair and get value with weaker hands.
      Raising turn is good.
      And bet/fold on the river is hard, since he might slowplay set or two pair. I´d probably also make the crying call.
    • Paf4488
      Paf4488
      Black
      thx everyone for your opinions and yes the biggest mistake here was not betting the flop because mp3 showed 9s2s :rolleyes: