This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 KK

• Paf4488
      Paf4488
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $21,90
      BB:
      $20,00
      UTG+1:
      $9,35
      UTG+2:
      $20,00
      MP1:
      $23,15
      MP2:
      $11,45
      MP3:
      $59,70
      Hero:
      $21,40
      BU:
      $2,45

0,05/0,1 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, BU folds, SB calls $0,45, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,40, MP3 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($2,10) T:club: , 6:heart: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,10) 8:spade: (4 players)
      SB bets $0,70, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,70, Hero raises to $3,00, SB folds, MP3 calls $2,30.

River: ($8,80) K:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $5,50, MP3 raises to $25,30, Hero calls $12,40, MP3 gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $44,60

i could have bet the flop but it seems pretty harmless so i was trying to trap mp3.
      the real issue here is would you have folded to the raise on the river and why?
  • 7 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Actually, I think there are other issues throughout the hand.

Pre-Flop:
      You could've raised to 6BB instead of 5BB, I think you can extract more value and isolate bad players by raising more in these micro-limits.

Flop:
      Bet it here. Although the board is not too dangerous, it's a multiway pot, there may be already someone drawing so you don't want to give free cards. Also, you can extract value from a T, and since you got position, they may think you're just trying to steal the pot and may even get a call from a 6 or a 3.

Turn:
      I'd continue my aggression if I had bet the flop.
      As played you have to raise here, but you raised too little IMO. I'd raise to ~$4 here. There are straight and flush draws on the board and 3 opponents. It's very likely someone is drawing, so make them pay for it.

River:
      Since MP3 is passive and this is NL10 I think betting is not a bad choice, you may get called by worse hands often enough.
      But after his raise, I'm folding. I can't see any hands you're beating here, MP3 is so passive that I can't imagine him check/raising you without at least a straight, but a flush is more likely. IMO, there's a pretty small chance you have the best hand so I'd say you're beaten way too often to make this call proffitable.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      You really need to bet the flop, you can't slowplay an overpair in a 4 way pot. The chances that someone outdraws you are way too high. On the river you hit your set, and I'd go broke with it, he could be overplaying 2 pair or have an underset. I'm guessing he had the flush/straight though?? The thing is you wouldn't have to make a tough call like this at the end if you had bet out from the flop.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      On the river you hit your set, and I'd go broke with it, he could be overplaying 2 pair or have an underset.
      I strongly disagree with going broke here. MP3 AF is 1, suddenly the guy check/raises all-in, there's a big chance he's got a hand there. (EDIT: A big one :P )
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Hey Faye, I don't play with stats yet unfortunately, so I hadn't even looked at them...I was makng the (obviously incorrect :P ) assumption that the player was relatively unknown, and I would go broke with a set here against an unknown. I know more or less what VPIP/PFR and WTS means but what exactly does AF mean, and what does it mean if his AF is 1.

thanks a lot :)
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Actually, I almost overlooked the stats when I made the first post. :D

AF means Aggression Factor. AF = 1 means the guy is passive. :P

From the stats, MP3 is loose passive, although he's a loose raiser PF he's quite passive post-flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      hello Paf4488

Welcome to the no limit forum.

I would make 1,5$ contibet on the flop to protect my overpair and get value with weaker hands.
      Raising turn is good.
      And bet/fold on the river is hard, since he might slowplay set or two pair. I´d probably also make the crying call.
    • Paf4488
      Paf4488
      Black
      thx everyone for your opinions and yes the biggest mistake here was not betting the flop because mp3 showed 9s2s :rolleyes: