[NL2-NL10] Nl10 - Jj

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      My thoughts

Felt I played this hand ok:

Pre-flop its a bit close, but I don't mind playing JJ in position - avoids a lot of the tough spots you can get into if you raise.

On the flop I felt I had to protect, and again on the turn.

I was planning to check-back the river.

If he raised turn I guess I have to fold, but I didn't like the idea of giving a free card on this board.

NB. General questions

1. How different is NL25 to the lower stakes, any major step-up? I'm bank-rolled for the higher stakes and have consistently been winning at 5 - 20bb's at the micro's (over a 30k ish hands) and am considering a move up.

2. Am I ok to still post hands from the higher stakes here - I'm not linked to pokerstategy from my pokerstars account, and it can't be fixed, so I can't get access to higher stakes hand evaluation forums.

3. How many hands should I play to judge if I'm a winning player at the higher limit - at least 3k?

The Hand

Seat 6 is the button
      Seat 1: Player1 ( $16.07 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 9
      Seat 4: Player4 ( $24.51 USD ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 22, 3B: 10, AF: 1.3, Hands: 79
      Seat 5: Hero ( $11.59 USD ) - VPIP: 31, PFR: 25, 3B: 7, AF: 2.7, Hands: 27573

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $16.07 (160.7 bb)
      BB: $2.52 (25.2 bb)
      UTG: $10.90 (109 bb)
      MP: $24.51 (245.1 bb)
      Hero (CO): $11.59 (115.9 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($1) 2 9 T (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB folds, MP calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.40) Q (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.45, MP folds

Results:
      $2.40 pot ($0.11 rake)
      Final Board: 2 9 T Q
      MP mucked and lost (-$1 net)
      Hero mucked J J and won $2.29 ($1.29 net)
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I don't mind flatting here.

Your flop bet is good here.

I think betting the turn again is good. We can get value from FD and some hands like Tx.

Nice hand overall.

1. How different is NL25 to the lower stakes, any major step-up? I'm bank-rolled for the higher stakes and have consistently been winning at 5 - 20bb's at the micro's (over a 30k ish hands) and am considering a move up.

2. Am I ok to still post hands from the higher stakes here - I'm not linked to pokerstategy from my pokerstars account, and it can't be fixed, so I can't get access to higher stakes hand evaluation forums.

3. How many hands should I play to judge if I'm a winning player at the higher limit - at least 3k?
      Well, I would definitely wouldn't say that they are a lot of different, but the is a difference indeed.
      Just try to play your game and don't get leveled too much.

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to post hands in this forum since it is up to NL10, so in order to post hands for NL25 you should get a Silver status.

Also about the hands - definitely you will need more.
      3k hands is particularly nothing and you could win a lot or lose a lot - a lot of variance over this small sample.
      You should probably play 10-15k hands and then make some assumptions.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      It isn't possible to link my pokerstars account - I emailed the support team and got no-where as I didn't initially enter the correct code.

I really wouldn't like to think that I can't request hands to be analysed because of an admin issue which can't be fixed.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, unfortunately that's the situation - you can choose a poker room from our partners or you can buy a status.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Isn't pokerstars one of your partners?

I guess I'll end up going to different sites in the future if I want advice, its a shame as I do like this website.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      You should probably address you questions here.

From my personal experience PokerStars won't track you to PokerStrategy if you have mistaken the promo code, so you should probably make a new account in one of the other rooms.