47k hands

MP: $57.48 (115 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $20 (40 bb)
      BB: $53 (106 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: K:heart:
      MP raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4, 3 folds, MP calls $2.75

Flop: ($8.75) 9:spade: 7:heart: J:spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.75) Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero ?

Very heavy flop flop i decide to give up. When the turn its checked in this kind of spots i almost never try to bluff because when i dont bet the flop the only thing i can represent its something i catch on the turn, and specially in this kind of turn i think villains will put me very much in flush draw and call me twice with some random pair.
      I know that when villain checks the turn he cant have much of a hand neither (probably a pp that missed the set or a mid pair with flush draw), but because of what i said before i think i will get called down by lots of garbage.
      Am i giving too much credibility to villains? Should i bet turn and river anyway?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

It's close imo.. with so little equity I prefer not betting twice but would consider one bet on the turn because of the immediate folding equity. He can fold some small pocket pairs imo, you can still represent a few Qx hands plus you are not trying to make him fold any good hand.

You can also consider check back turn and delay delay cbet if he checks 3 times since then it's clear he has a weak hand imo. Might work more often but it's very dependent on previous hands between you guys.

The short version: vacuum play and one turn bet should work often enough imo but for 2 barrels I prefer more equity.