This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - AK: after representing weakness

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      25/19
      1.9 af
      22% fold vs 3bet mp (39% overall)
      3.7% 4bet range
      50% fold vs cbet flop
      32% bet turn vs missed bet overall
      44% wwsf
      33% wtsd
      47k hands

MP: $57.48 (115 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $20 (40 bb)
      BB: $53 (106 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: K:heart:
      MP raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4, 3 folds, MP calls $2.75

Flop: ($8.75) 9:spade: 7:heart: J:spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.75) Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero ?

Very heavy flop flop i decide to give up. When the turn its checked in this kind of spots i almost never try to bluff because when i dont bet the flop the only thing i can represent its something i catch on the turn, and specially in this kind of turn i think villains will put me very much in flush draw and call me twice with some random pair.
      I know that when villain checks the turn he cant have much of a hand neither (probably a pp that missed the set or a mid pair with flush draw), but because of what i said before i think i will get called down by lots of garbage.
      Am i giving too much credibility to villains? Should i bet turn and river anyway?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

It's close imo.. with so little equity I prefer not betting twice but would consider one bet on the turn because of the immediate folding equity. He can fold some small pocket pairs imo, you can still represent a few Qx hands plus you are not trying to make him fold any good hand.

You can also consider check back turn and delay delay cbet if he checks 3 times since then it's clear he has a weak hand imo. Might work more often but it's very dependent on previous hands between you guys.

The short version: vacuum play and one turn bet should work often enough imo but for 2 barrels I prefer more equity.