300 hours playtime in a February

• L0ve2playU
      L0ve2playU
      Bronze
      I am professional player and play No limit Holdem 6max and sometimes headsup. I don't participate in online forums until few months ago. Starting this blog because I will try to play 300h in the month of February and need some journal to keep track of the progress and maintain my motivation.

FYI i am not the high stakes Omaha player from finland.
  • 15 replies
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Bronze
      Originally posted by L0ve2playU
      I am professional player and play No limit Holdem 6max and sometimes headsup. I don't participate in online forums until few months ago. Starting this blog because I will try to play 300h in the month of February and need some journal to keep track of the progress and maintain my motivation.

LOL, thats what i thought...
    • Jitroceler
      Jitroceler
      Bronze
      Good luck with it, will be following. Have you ever tried to play couple of days in a row for 10hours or something like that?

BTW do you know that February is only 28 day long? :D
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey L0ve2playU

when i first saw 300h i thought it meant 300 hands and was super confused haha. Anyway welcome to our blogging section. Its always good to track progress.

All the best,
      Luke
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      hey L0ve2playU , welcome to our blogs section! Good luck at the tables and with your challenge!! keep us updated!
    • L0ve2playU
      L0ve2playU
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PoincaresConjecture

LOL, thats what i thought...
      When I was learning omaha i was railing the high stakes games and somehow this nickname got stuck in my head. Didn't know what to use here when registering so decided to use it...

Originally posted by Jitroceler
      Good luck with it, will be following. Have you ever tried to play couple of days in a row for 10hours or something like that?

BTW do you know that February is only 28 day long? :D
      If i remember correctly the most i have played was 5 consecutive days 10h+/day. Never done above 170hours/month so far, so it will be quite tough. Feb is only 28 days so it will be extra hard..

Originally posted by legand73
      Hey L0ve2playU

when i first saw 300h i thought it meant 300 hands and was super confused haha. Anyway welcome to our blogging section. Its always good to track progress.

All the best,
      Luke
      Thanks! I see you are moderator, can you change the name of the thread to "300 hours playtime in February"

Originally posted by IngridN
      hey L0ve2playU , welcome to our blogs section! Good luck at the tables and with your challenge!! keep us updated!
      Thanks!
    • L0ve2playU
      L0ve2playU
      Bronze
      Today I will not play, just make some scheduling for February grind and relax therefore January is over for me. Much worse results compared to last year both in terms of volume and profit - 86hours, profit usd3761 + eur100 from some race. Its mostly because this month I moved to another country and had unexpected internet problems and could not play for 11 days. Another issue were two very tilt sessions which cost me more than 10 stacks. At least the first week of the year was full of bad players which compensated but I must avoid tilt at any cost.

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hmm not sure why you would want to play so long everyday, you may get burned out. You should definitely make a prop bet as well to make it worth your time. gl
    • L0ve2playU
      L0ve2playU
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      hmm not sure why you would want to play so long everyday, you may get burned out. You should definitely make a prop bet as well to make it worth your time. gl
      January I did not play as much as I would like to, and next month I am again moving to another country so I will not be able to play for some time. Why do you think it is not worth the time? I try to think in hourly rate rather than end result, so if I can sustain the same hourly for 300 hours in one month what is the difference playing the same volume in two months? Thanks
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey L0ve2playU,

An interesting goal you've set yourself for sure!

Do you think that playing nearly twice your usual hours will effect your hourly rate? What's the minimum rate you'd like to finish on, what do you think the maximum achievable rate is for you to reach?
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      Good luck with the challenge. :)

What site you play on? How many tables you play on or comfortably play for 10 hours?
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      GL on the challenge!
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Seems like alot of rakeback to me?

GL with your challenge :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      January I did not play as much as I would like to, and next month I am again moving to another country so I will not be able to play for some time. Why do you think it is not worth the time? I try to think in hourly rate rather than end result, so if I can sustain the same hourly for 300 hours in one month what is the difference playing the same volume in two months? Thanks
      it may get really tiring. and I find that when I grind 8h+ a day I get really bored and sick of playing, which may affect the quality of play.

u are also going to be neglecting a lot of stuff like studying the game, or doing post session reviews. after each long session ends, you just can't wait to take a rest and do something else, leaving you no time for such stuff.

of course if you think you can do it, then gd for u.
    • SteffenBAOPP
      SteffenBAOPP
      Basic
      300 hours is a sick goal! especailly playing HU, are you able to get enough action to be playing for 10 hours a day?

Sounds really exciting though, I will definitely be following!
    • L0ve2playU
      L0ve2playU
      Bronze
      Last 3 days, so far...

39 hours
      13140 hands
      $755 profit
      $786 rake (with deposit bonuses and etc average 55% rakeback - $432)

Total profit - $755+$432 = $1187

For 72hours played almost 40 hours averaging 330hands per hour and i must admit i feel sick. Win rate dropped (not enough of a sample though), hands per hours dropped because when tired cut down the tables to 4-5, made a ton of mistakes... I am table selecting a lot and this adds to the fatigue, not to mention playing on laptop with constantly popping/overlapping tables is so distracting...

Really not sure should I continue with the challenge because it will most probably hurt my game and make me autopilot too much. One of the positive effects I feel is that after every day I feel like i having more mental power/endurance to go throught the day.

Originally posted by SteffenBAOPP
      300 hours is a sick goal! especailly playing HU, are you able to get enough action to be playing for 10 hours a day?

Sounds really exciting though, I will definitely be following!
      I am not playing HU now. I start a lot of tables and usually have one table HU because of this but it is not for long and never start second HU if i have one already running.

it may get really tiring. and I find that when I grind 8h+ a day I get really bored and sick of playing, which may affect the quality of play.

u are also going to be neglecting a lot of stuff like studying the game, or doing post session reviews. after each long session ends, you just can't wait to take a rest and do something else, leaving you no time for such stuff.

of course if you think you can do it, then gd for u.
      Spot on... already hate myself :)

Originally posted by Varune
      Seems like alot of rakeback to me?

GL with your challenge :)
      Yea, I play a bit looser and also start tables so paying a lot of rake.. ridiculously high but what to do :( Just always play for deposit bonuses and combined with standard deals small prize from races/promotions you can achieve between 50-60% rakeback.

Originally posted by BrokesoBroke
      GL on the challenge!
      thanks

Originally posted by MaHnaK
      Good luck with the challenge. :)

What site you play on? How many tables you play on or comfortably play for 10 hours?
      I play most euro networks and change new accounts every few months for deposit bonuses. If rest well, not a lot of distractions and generally feel in mood i try 7-8 tables. The problem now is playing on laptop and starting tables, closing/opening new tables/ multiple lobbies and etc is very distracting so had to lower the amount.

Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey L0ve2playU,

An interesting goal you've set yourself for sure!

Do you think that playing nearly twice your usual hours will effect your hourly rate? What's the minimum rate you'd like to finish on, what do you think the maximum achievable rate is for you to reach?
      Winrate is very subjective measurement and i try not to focus on it... how many tables, how many hours, table selecting etc... Few months ago i had 20bb/100 on 50NL for a decent sample playing strictly 4 tables, but my hourly was not so great. Ideally I would like to make $10000+ this month. I believe with high confidence interval, playing these limits 50NL EURO/USD/GBP, a good multitabling grinder (12+tables/12h per day) with 50%+ rakeback, can make $20000.