This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 ATs SB 3bet

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      MP: $2.12 (106 bb) 31/22 /fld cbet 40/fld 3bet 0(2)/59 hands
      CO: $1.47 (73.5 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.17 (108.5 bb)
      BB: $2.04 (102 bb)
      UTG: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: A:club:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42) 3:diamond: K:club: Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, MP calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.86) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP folds

reads on the MP : " i 3bet his MP open some hands before with KQo and he calls with KTs , he hit the FD and played it passive check flop X/X turn river".

So with that read i 3bet him here for value .
      On the flop we hit preetty much the nuts .
      On the turn though with our monster draw we still want to go broke ? or is a bet fold ? (or we can take an other line e.x ch/raise?).

Another Q if we only had the nut FD our play would be the same on the turn ?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

I think the answer to your turn question is pretty much just a maths problem.

Assume opponent jams turn. You will need to call $1.30 to win an overall pot of $4.24. 1.30/4.24 = 30%. You would need 30% equity to call a raise after you bet this size.

If we assign opponent a value range of AK, KQ, QQ/KK/33/44 you have 25% equity and it is technically a fold. However if your opponent also would ever jam draws and/or KT/KJ it's fine to bet/call.

However I'd probably bet a little larger on the turn - you do (edited) want fold equity in this spot despite having a strong draw. If you were to betcloser to $0.60 on the turn, the price you'd get when your opponent jams is a lot better and you have a clear call even vs a strict value range.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey noulispa,

I think the answer to your turn question is pretty much just a maths problem.

Assume opponent jams turn. You will need to call $1.30 to win an overall pot of $4.24. 1.30/4.24 = 30%. You would need 30% equity to call a raise after you bet this size.

If we assign opponent a value range of AK, KQ, QQ/KK/33/44 you have 25% equity and it is technically a fold. However if your opponent also would ever jam draws and/or KT/KJ it's fine to bet/call.

However I'd probably bet a little larger on the turn - you don't want fold equity in this spot despite having a strong draw. If you were to betcloser to $0.60 on the turn, the price you'd get when your opponent jams is a lot better and you have a clear call even vs a strict value range.
      thanks for the answer W34z3l very clear
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey, more it less it was clear,

but when I said "you don't want fold-equity" I meant, "you DO want fold-equity". Sorry :D I edited my post.