Bronze
      UTG: $2.47 (123.5 bb) 28/17/fld cbet 67/fld 3bet 33(3)/134 hands
      MP: $1.30 (65 bb)
      CO: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.54 (27 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.96 (298 bb)
      BB: $2.15 (107.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: K:club:
      UTG raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, UTG calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42) 8:heart: K:heart: 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, UTG calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.14) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG raises to $1.91, Hero calls $0.91

River: ($4.96) K:spade: (2 players)

preflop : ok the size of the 3bet ( i try to 3bet a bit smaller oop and IP but always oop> IP size )
      flop: i dont concern that he flopped the flush he prob has pairs with heart or Ax with heart or even a worst King
      turn : safe card so i play for stacks
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

I don't like your 3bet preflop. It is very difficult to get called by worse in this spot - flatting is usually the best option with AK vs an early position open, especially OOP. This guy may have called 2/3 3bets so far, but it doesn't necessarily mean he is calling 66% of the time when he opens UTG and gets 3bet by SB.

Postflop is ok, but you are treading on rocky ground due to your preflop decision imo. Some opponents will only get past flop with KK/AK/AA here, in which case it doesn't really matter how well you flop, you will be in bad shape.

If we assume that UTG is calling really wide preflop (bad assumption to make imo), then your postflop play is fine and I'd do the same.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      i agree that 3bet tight UTG opens is not good with AK QQ (Even though i almost always 3bet these hands preflop which i have to change it and work on these leak...) But against this guy he has a quite big gap between vpip/pfr and he is prob not the best player i + its nl2 again we are turning our hand into a bluff cause he is not calling worst pre?

And against what utg openers we want to 3bet AK QQ maniacs or huge fish only or really loose guys? and if we dont have reads (wich is the most common senario on nl2 ) against a big stack its better to just call ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by noulispa
      But against this guy he has a quite big gap between vpip/pfr and he is prob not the best player i + its nl2 again we are turning our hand into a bluff cause he is not calling worst pre?
      Yeah, players typically respond tightly when they open UTG and get 3bet. The reason is players don't generally 3bet bluff vs UTG so it's almost always a value hand when UTG opens and gets 3bet. The danger is opponent may only continue with QQ+/AK which is obviously bad for you. In his opening range however he has stuff like QK, JQs, KJs, AT-AQ etc that you'd love to play a pot against.

Originally posted by noulispa
      And against what utg openers we want to 3bet AK QQ maniacs or huge fish only or really loose guys? and if we dont have reads (wich is the most common senario on nl2 ) against a big stack its better to just call ?
      Against huge fish, go for it. 3betting AK is fine. If opponent is unknown, flatting in these spots is usually best option to begin with. As for loose opponents, you need to have a look at their Ft3bet stat - even better if they have been 3bet while UTG before. Just because they may be opening loose from UTG doesn't necessarily mean they will call loose vs a 3bet. Against a maniac 3betting is definitely an option, but you might still choose to flat and save yourself some variance.

Even flatting AA/KK can be a cool option in this spot because 3betting looks very strong resulting in villain folding a lot. And you don't want this when you have a premium.