• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $1.17 (58.5 bb) 54/2/fld cbet 45/60 hands
      BTN: $2 (100 bb) 19/10/fld 3bet 43/open BU 7(28)/310 hands
      SB: $0.77 (38.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.81 (140.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: A:club:
      CO calls $0.02, BTN raises to $0.06, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.21, CO calls $0.19, BTN folds

Flop: ($0.49) 5:spade: 8:heart: T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.49) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.69) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.14, Hero folds

preflop : Even though the BU looks tight i 3bet (i am not sure if its for value or bluff . Because it might be for value cause he isolate the fish but its bluffy cause he is tight and not calling with much worst.) The thing is that the CO can call with worst.

flop :we got to overs but its not the best board cause hits some of his range + i dont think that he fold a lot on cbets + his stack size suck So i check and prob call some small bluffy bets .

turn : on this small bet i think that my A high might be good so i call with the plan to call a really small bet on the river (depend on the river card)

river : i am a bit lost ;( the bet is small but i dont know if i can call ..
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

This is one of those spots where the 3bet looks questionable but because you have elabourate on your thought-processes you have convinced me you understand what you are doing.

3bet is almost a bluff vs BTN, but it's still ok as a value bet vs CO. I'd probably 3bet slightly smaller to set up a more favourable stack:pot ratio vs the slightly shorter stacked CO (maybe around $0.18 or so).

It's fine not to cbet flop vs this weak opponent who may even be a calling station.

Turn call is actually fine, (without needing to follow up with river call). You need 14% or so to call, and you more or less have that with your over-cards. 6 outs = ~12% equity. Plus a small chance Ace high is good and river gets checked down, and also the chance that you spike A/J and extract a small amount of value.