Bronze
      UTG: $2.35 (117.5 bb)
      MP: $1.98 (99 bb) 60/6/fld cbet 67/ 84 hands
      CO: $1.42 (71 bb) 28/15/79 hands
      Hero (BTN): $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      SB: $3.20 (160 bb)
      BB: $2.10 (105 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:diamond: J:spade:
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, MP calls $0.22, CO calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.75) A:club: 6:heart: 3:diamond: (3 players)
      MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.75) T:diamond: (3 players)
      MP bets $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($1.05) 9:spade: (3 players)
      MP checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, MP folds

not much reads on the opps but they look fishy so preflop i 3bet for value with JJ
      flop : i check behind cause not much worst hands call
      turn : on this small donk bet i call cause i must be ahead most of the times
      river : i call again the small bet he might have some Tx type hands or a miss diamond flus.

Ok my play post flop ?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

I'd probably flat JJ preflop here without any info on how CO responds to 3bets. 3betting could be a mistake. Also your 3bet sizing (while a standard sizing) sets up a potentially awkward stack:pot ratio vs this shorter stack. Another alternative might be to take the non-standard line of 3betting smaller maybe to $0.18 or so.

Postflop your play looks ok. It's unlikely CO is bluffing with this sizing by the river but he certainly might have a Tx and you only need to be good 14% of the time or so.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      yes i understand what you say about the 3bet could be a mistake .

Q1 : if we where on the SB or BB it makes more sense to 3bet cause we are OOP ?

Q2: on these kind of spots what hands are good to 3bet ? (or we cant say due to fact (as u say) we dont know how the opp reacts to 3bet ?)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by noulispa
      yes i understand what you say about the 3bet could be a mistake .

Q1 : if we where on the SB or BB it makes more sense to 3bet cause we are OOP ?

Q2: on these kind of spots what hands are good to 3bet ? (or we cant say due to fact (as u say) we dont know how the opp reacts to 3bet ?)
      I'm not necessarily saying it IS a mistake in this spot, just that it could be without further info.

Q1: Assuming you are betting for value - the answer really depends on the stack-sizes.

If you were really deep it might be better to 3bet in position because the positional advantage is going to be much bigger with deeper stacks. You might choose to flat OOP and play a small pot, risking less OOP.

Assuming the stacks are shallower you can get a large chunk of the money in preflop. 3betting OOP becomes better because you are basically limiting your opponent's positional advantage by lowering stack:pot ratio.

(The problem with this hand is that you are stuck between these two stacksizes. You are not quite getting enough of your stack in to be easily comitted postflop, but you are putting enough in that your positional advantage is somewhat lessened. This hand would play a lot better if you either put in quite a few more chips preflop, or a few less chips preflop. I think 3betting larger would make your 3bet too large, so that leaves either flatting IP, or 3betting smaller.)

In this particular hand I think 3betting OOP is less valuable than 3betting IP.

Q2 - It depends on opponent. If opponent has low Ft3bet then your 3bet here is theoretically fine. (I probably get overly carried away with stack:pot ratios).

If opponent has a high Ft3bet then the best hands to 3bet here will be bluffs (and flat your value hands). If you felt MP was a fish and would call it might be better to not 3bet bluff at all though.