[NL20-NL50] 50shz 65s CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $41.87 (83.7 bb)
      SB: $63.15 (126.3 bb)
      BB: $57.64 (115.3 bb)
      UTG: $42.77 (85.5 bb)
      MP: $44.75 (89.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50.50 (101 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6 5
      UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75) T 6 8 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.59, UTG calls $3.59

Turn: ($11.93) Q (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $8.46, UTG calls $8.46

River: ($28.85) 7 (2 players)
      UTG bets $13, Hero calls $13

Results:
      $54.85 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: T 6 8 Q 7
      UTG showed K 4 and won $51.85 ($24.80 net)
      Hero mucked 6 5 and lost (-$27.05 net)

VPIP: 24, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,2, Hands: 17

Thoughts?
      On the river I called even though not so happy about it, 'cos I thought he could have closed a straight too or maybe some crazy bluff.
  • 9 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hola,

I don;t think 9x folds so I'd usually shove river for value with a flush, although he has some flushes in his range himself.. The more call happy he is, the more I want to shove. If he'd be tight with his showdowns calling is OK.

Question: If river is a blank and he checks, what do you do and why?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hola,

I don;t think 9x folds so I'd usually shove river for value with a flush, although he has some flushes in his range himself.. The more call happy he is, the more I want to shove. If he'd be tight with his showdowns calling is OK.

Question: If river is a blank and he checks, what do you do and why?
      Value bet around 67%-75%?

I stayed defensively here because I basically had no info on him =/
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      OK, without info just calling is fine.. you have a very low flush so you only beat 9x or worse that he calls.

What about the other question?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      OK, without info just calling is fine.. you have a very low flush so you only beat 9x or worse that he calls.

What about the other question?
      If I didn't calculate badly he's left with around the pot size, so I shove.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Cool, I like betting river if you miss but I want to hear why actually.If you can shove, that's the sizing you can use, otherwise just a normal size.. I wanna hear your reasoning though so you know why it's a good play.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Cool, I like betting river if you miss but I want to hear why actually.If you can shove, that's the sizing you can use, otherwise just a normal size.. I wanna hear your reasoning though so you know why it's a good play.
      Oh my god I didn't realize if it's a blank I don't actually have the flush xD fuck.
      Ok let me re-think about everything.

Ok if I arrive there without a flush I either check behind or bet 1/2.

Reason for bet is obviously a bluff, but tbh against unknown but seemingly fish I don't give myself much FE, however there are many busted draws that I can make him fold. Why 1/2, simply because if he's on a busted draw I don't think he watches if it's a pot bet or not, he just folds if it looks consistent enough.

Reason for check behind is give up and I also actually have a minimum of showdown value. In this case I tend to check more because I also see his hand and buy info while also hoping to be actually ahead of his busted draws.

Watching how he called my turn bet i'd put him more on a draw than on a pair tho, as he MAYBE (not so convinced on this) would have folded a T, and probably would have folded lesser pairs on turn.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I like betting river a normal amount because you can make him fold better hands.. these hands are Tx, 89, 99, 77. You can represent KQ+ very well and you know he raises sets or better on such a draw heavy board therefore his river range will usually be Tx at best which has a hard time.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      I like betting river a normal amount because you can make him fold better hands.. these hands are Tx, 89, 99, 77. You can represent KQ+ very well and you know he raises sets or better on such a draw heavy board therefore his river range will usually be Tx at best which has a hard time.
      Nice thinking.
      Define normal amount?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Nice thinking.
      Define normal amount?
      about 2/3 pot but since you have <potsize left here, the amount that makes most sense both for your bluffs and your value hands is a shove.