[NL20-NL50] 50shz AA MP

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $176.77 (353.5 bb)
      SB: $53.42 (106.8 bb)
      BB: $69.03 (138.1 bb)
      UTG: $69.54 (139.1 bb)
      Hero (MP): $142.80 (285.6 bb)
      CO: $53.98 (108 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A A
      UTG raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, 4 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: ($9.75) 9 Q 2 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.17, UTG raises to $15, Hero calls $8.83

Turn: ($39.75) 5 (2 players)
      UTG bets $27, Hero folds

Results:
      $39.75 pot ($2.18 rake)
      Final Board: 9 Q 2 5
      UTG mucked and won $37.57 ($18.07 net)
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$19.50 net)

VPIP: 14, PFR: 11, 3B: 1, AF: 3,8, Hands: 207
      WTSD: 35
      but W$SD: 67 (6), 60 (5) no small

Called flop to hope for a check from him on turn or for an A obviously.
      We were both deep and he seemed pretty tight but also a bit overly aggressive on flop.
      That's mostly what made me call on flop.

Obviously put him on QQ/99.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

You also block Ad (his possible nut flush draws) so I prefer folding the flop.

His range preflop is usually pocket pairs and high suited broadways. If you take the hands that makes sense to check/raise flop from that range, you are doing very badly.. Your best hope is he overplays KK but that's it, only 6 combos while there are easily more combos of sets + combo draws that have you in iffy shape.

If you call the flop though you should not fold that turn. I prefer folding flop by a mile though. It's just a spot where people never go out of line often enough.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

His range preflop is usually pocket pairs and high suited broadways. If you take the hands that makes sense to check/raise flop from that range, you are doing very badly.. Your best hope is he overplays KK but that's it, only 6 combos while there are easily more combos of sets + combo draws that have you in iffy shape.

If you call the flop though you should not fold that turn. I prefer folding flop by a mile though. It's just a spot where people never go out of line often enough.
      That's what I thought too.
      Got a bit too greedy thinking about implied odds for a rare A or diamond on turn.

In case of a diamond on turn, do I shove?
      Or do I just call watching the odds.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

That's what I thought too.
      Got a bit too greedy thinking about implied odds for a rare A or diamond on turn.

In case of a diamond on turn, do I shove?
      Or do I just call watching the odds.
      Can you bluff him off something? You usually don't have great immediate odds so you have to compare FE with implied odds on hitting your outs and see which is better. The reason it's a flop fold is that even a diamond doesn't help you enough for turn and river play, which is like most often improvement you can make for your hand.