[NL20-NL50] 50shz KQo CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $38.59 (77.2 bb)
      SB: $138.78 (277.6 bb)
      BB: $74.32 (148.6 bb)
      UTG: $49.48 (99 bb)
      MP: $38.55 (77.1 bb)
      Hero (CO): $123.80 (247.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN folds, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($3.50) 6 A 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2

Turn: ($7.50) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.50) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero raises to $16.45, SB calls $11.45

Results:
      $40.40 pot ($2.22 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A 7 8 Q
      SB mucked J T and lost (-$19.95 net)
      Hero showed K Q and won $38.18 ($18.23 net)

VPIP: 29, PFR: 26, 3B: 18, AF: 1,5, Hands: 35

Not sure where I was standing on turn (due to his high passivity postflop but looseness preflop) and utterly sure he wouldn't have folded an A, I just took my free card.

Is my raise size on river right?

Tried to make a raise that an A would have still called with some difficulty or a twopair as well, and hoping a flush would have raised me back.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Most people expect you to bet a reasonable amount of flushdraws on the turn. I think your sizing is fine but you generally don't get called too often. If you minraise you might get a curious 2pair call, otherwise it will be Jc ( or Tc in rare cases) imo.. Other than that it will be spewy call from his part unless you have some incredibly spewy postflop image.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

Most people expect you to bet a reasonable amount of flushdraws on the turn. I think your sizing is fine but you generally don't get called too often. If you minraise you might get a curious 2pair call, otherwise it will be Jc ( or Tc in rare cases) imo.. Other than that it will be spewy call from his part unless you have some incredibly spewy postflop image.
      So you say turn check is fine because I don't generate enough FE?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

So you say turn check is fine because I don't generate enough FE?
      Yep.. betting turn is doable but usually you need to bet river and make opponent fold some Ax hands imo. Otherwise checking is probably better.. just betting the turn will usually not be enough and betting the river is very opponent dependent when you miss after you bet turn.