This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 sh ATo BU

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $1.81 (90.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2.14 (107 bb)
      SB: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $2.54 (127 bb) 50/30/20 hands
      MP: $1.73 (86.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:heart: T:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, SB folds, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) Q:club: 7:spade: T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.31) J:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero folds

not much stats but he looks fishy.
      on the flop he bet close to pot size + i dont think that shut downs on the turn, river so i think about folding my 2nd pair Top kicker but then i think that he might doing this with worst Tx some draws K9 KJ (But draws usually bet smaller or ch/call) . On the end i decided to call at least one and take it from there.
      turn : give us the gut shot but i dont think we got the odds to call so i fold.

What u think for postflop play?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

Preflop and flop is fine imo.

Turn card connects with your opponents flop donk range - lots of 2pair/straights he can have. A + T may be outs but you suffer from reverse implied odds hitting these cards and can't stack off. You basically have your 4 gutshot outs and the K may be tainted.

Even if you expect to stack villain very often when hit, you don't really have sufficient implied odds to call. Your fold is fine.