Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 2080791
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $17.48 - VPIP: 54, PFR: 23, 3B: 4, AF: 1,5, Hands: 224
      Hero (SB): $25.09 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 92234
      BB: $24.18 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 1,2, Hands: 29

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 8 :diamond: K :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) J :heart: 3 :spade: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.05, Hero calls $0.65
      He sees me as a loose-aggro player, cbetting everything. That is why I was thinking: he just wants to push me out of the pot. He'd raise bigger for value, and would a Qx really raise here? Dont think so. I'm going to represent a Q till the end, and catch his bluff.

Turn: ($2.70) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($2.70) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00
  • 4 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Imimba1,

So if this guy sees you as loose aggressive and is going to be playing back vs you a lot, I don't think you should be opening K:d8 in the small blind.

When you get raised on the flop I would fold. You have 29 hands on the guy I really don't think this is enough history to be floating flop raises OOP with air.

Having said that, his raise does look somewhat bluffy. You are still in trouble if he decides to fire the turn though. Also he may be bluff-raising with the best hand. Even if your K-high is good, he is still going to have good equity vs you with pretty much any hand.

Given the way the action went, your river bluff makes sense. It's totally unecessary to play like this in order to beat the stakes though.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey Imimba1,

So if this guy sees you as loose aggressive and is going to be playing back vs you a lot, I don't think you should be opening K:d8 in the small blind.

When you get raised on the flop I would fold. You have 29 hands on the guy I really don't think this is enough history to be floating flop raises OOP with air.

Having said that, his raise does look somewhat bluffy. You are still in trouble if he decides to fire the turn though. Also he may be bluff-raising with the best hand. Even if your K-high is good, he is still going to have good equity vs you with pretty much any hand.

Given the way the action went, your river bluff makes sense. It's totally unecessary to play like this in order to beat the stakes though.
      +1
      +I should be tighter, because I get tilty very easily.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey Imimba1,