Ev

• shovingtheriver
      shovingtheriver
      Basic
      Hey guys

Why do we always run under EV?In most of the graphs that I've seen, winnings line was way below EV line, no matter if it was cash/sng. Why is there always just a glimpse of running over EV and then a never ending run under EV? Isn't the best hand supposed to win more often?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not whining or anything but i'm just trying to understand this. maybe i don't understand it properly.
  • 3 replies
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Hey,
      just take a look at that video: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2105/
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you WillyD!

I've moved this to the relevant board now :)
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by shovingtheriver
      Hey guys

Why do we always run under EV?In most of the graphs that I've seen, winnings line was way below EV line, no matter if it was cash/sng. Why is there always just a glimpse of running over EV and then a never ending run under EV? Isn't the best hand supposed to win more often?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not whining or anything but i'm just trying to understand this. maybe i don't understand it properly.
      The reason you see more graphs where people run under EV is because they are way more likely to post a bellow EV graph and whine about it then posting a bragging graph how good they run.