5 players

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $23.30
      CO: $10.27
      Button: $13.66
      Hero: $33.13
      BB: $24.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A:spade: T:club:
      UTG calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $1.5[/color], BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: 3:diamond: 7:diamond: 5:heart: ($3.5, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $2.8[/color], UTG calls.

cbet the flop

Turn: A:club: ($9.1, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $5[/color], UTG calls

turn is good for me, so I bet/fold here since if he pushes he's definitely got me beat. When he calls I'm thinking flush/straight draw or Ax..

River: T:diamond: ($19.1, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $15[/color], [color:#cc0000]UTG calls all-in $14[/color].
      Uncalled bets: $1 returned to Hero.

I hit 2 pair on the river, but it also completes a flush, which fits his hand range well. The reason I bet out was because I thought this would be a negative freeroll if I check, because he'll probably check behind with Ax or some other smaller 2 pair hands, so i loose value on those, and if he has a flush he'll probably push-in and I'll end up calling with my 2 pair anyways. Is this well played?
  • 3 replies
    • generals007
      If you would call the 14$ on the river if he bets i guess betting yourself is better. But if you put him on a flushdraw already (which i actually wouldn't have since he calls a high cbet on the flop... must have a monster draw there at least to make EV+ considering you would bet the turn again if a card comes that is not dangerous for him hitting) then i would check and fold to a 12$+ raise. It all depends on the previous play of this guy imo.

Correct me, coaches, if I am wrong.

• gggeorgio
      just a thought for you generals, you definitely shouldn't rule out draws in situations like this just because he called a bigger bets than he should. Most players at these limits will call almost any amount with a flush draw and 2 cards to come...even most of the regulars that I've been playing with at NL25 will be calling the flop there with a flush draw. Just because you know their call is -EV doesn't mean they do ;)
    • Kaitz20
      I would bet a littlebit higher on the turn, but would also shove river.