[NL20-NL50] 50shz JJ BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $108.50 (217 bb)
      SB: $57.77 (115.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $83.13 (166.3 bb)
      UTG: $67.32 (134.6 bb)
      MP: $49.50 (99 bb)
      CO: $50.75 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J J
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25) K Q T (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.81, BTN calls $5.81

Turn: ($21.87) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $9.50, Hero folds

Results:
      $21.87 pot ($1.20 rake)
      Final Board: K Q T 3
      BTN mucked and won $20.67 ($9.86 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$10.81 net)

VPIP: 35, PFR: 33, 3B: 33, AF: 5,0, Hands: 49

I don't really remember seeing these stats.
      But anyway, these kind of flops always put me in difficulty, especially against BU range vs blinds, which is huge.
      H4LP PLZ
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      im guessing you 3betted pre flop for value. what hands do you think he would have raised and called with? what is his fold to 3bet like? how does he react to resteals?

how does his hand hit the board of KQT?

i think flop CB is fine for value against A high and to fold out bluffs that could otherwise bet you out.

turn against the small bet i think i would call, while implied odds are not very high due to the obvious draw, i think we can get value on river from 2 pairs which is very much in his range if we do hit.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      im guessing you 3betted pre flop for value. what hands do you think he would have raised and called with? what is his fold to 3bet like? how does he react to resteals?

how does his hand hit the board of KQT?

i think flop CB is fine for value against A high and to fold out bluffs that could otherwise bet you out.

turn against the small bet i think i would call, while implied odds are not very high due to the obvious draw, i think we can get value on river from 2 pairs which is very much in his range if we do hit.
      Yes I did 3Bet for value.
      I don't know what he could have raised and called with, didn't play enough vs him. He seems loose tho, I'd say any broadway, low and mid pairs, many connectors, suited or not. What do you think?
      I have 1 sample on resteals and fold to 3Bet, so I have no idea.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I almost always prefer checking this particular flop. Not too many worse hands call you, and no better hand folds. Maybe if you check, you get him to bluff one or two streets with a hand like 99/88.

The preflop calling range you assigned him seems reasonable.

Thanks