[NL20-NL50] 50shz KQo BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $153.97 (307.9 bb)
      SB: $182.02 (364 bb)
      BB: $46 (92 bb)
      UTG: $50.56 (101.1 bb)
      MP: $52.08 (104.2 bb)
      CO: $101.86 (203.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K Q
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, CO calls $3

Flop: ($9.75) Q 5 T (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $6.17, CO raises to $14.50, Hero folds

Results:
      $22.09 pot ($1.21 rake)
      Final Board: Q 5 T
      Hero mucked K Q and lost (-$10.67 net)
      CO mucked and won $20.88 ($10.21 net)

VPIP: 19, PFR: 17, 3B: 8, AF: 5,7, Hands: 310

Fold is fine right?
      He's a supernova who seems to know what he's doing.

Here I put him on TwoPair/strong draw, sometimes set, or air with backdoor.
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Wow, this is a sick tough spot actually.

He has only 8 combos that beat you imo: QTs, QQ, TT, 55. This makes sooooo hard to fold for me this deep. First of all his value range is sooo thin plus all that value range will fold when flush completes and you start piling on the pressure.

In practice this is a spot where you should simply print money because you are 200bb deep and IP. Now, folding here is probably the safe way out and what you did so far in the hand is +EV. However, the villain by raising so small on this flop and given your hand can paint himself into a corner. You can do soooooo much here but it's very very dynamics based. Unfortunately I cannot explain that in full.. You basically have a hand that beats his bluffs and a board + hand where you can make him fold the current top of his range in many runouts.

If we give him just super hands + draws you can continue given pot odds + position. I strongly believe this deep you can make up for 4% equity deficit and this is like worst case scenario imo.

Board: Q:club: 5:heart: T:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    23.68%  23.64%   0.04% { KcQd }
      MP3    76.32%  76.28%   0.04% { QQ, TT, 55, QTs, AcKc, AcJc, Jc9c, 9c8c, Ac5c }

I don't want to make you spew and I think that if you are playing quite a few tables and can fold here without losing or risking a -EV play, then it's perfectly fine but when thinking 'crushing your opponent's soul' this is where you can do it. His raise size doesn't indicate a huge hand to me either so that makes me at least consider playing back.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

Wow, this is a sick tough spot actually.

He has only 8 combos that beat you imo: QTs, QQ, TT, 55. This makes sooooo hard to fold for me this deep. First of all his value range is sooo thin plus all that value range will fold when flush completes and you start piling on the pressure.

In practice this is a spot where you should simply print money because you are 200bb deep and IP. Now, folding here is probably the safe way out and what you did so far in the hand is +EV. However, the villain by raising so small on this flop and given your hand can paint himself into a corner. You can do soooooo much here but it's very very dynamics based. Unfortunately I cannot explain that in full.. You basically have a hand that beats his bluffs and a board + hand where you can make him fold the current top of his range in many runouts.

If we give him just super hands + draws you can continue given pot odds + position. I strongly believe this deep you can make up for 4% equity deficit and this is like worst case scenario imo.

Board: Q:club: 5:heart: T:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    23.68%  23.64%   0.04% { KcQd }
      MP3    76.32%  76.28%   0.04% { QQ, TT, 55, QTs, AcKc, AcJc, Jc9c, 9c8c, Ac5c }

I don't want to make you spew and I think that if you are playing quite a few tables and can fold here without losing or risking a -EV play, then it's perfectly fine but when thinking 'crushing your opponent's soul' this is where you can do it. His raise size doesn't indicate a huge hand to me either so that makes me at least consider playing back.
      Please remind me not to ever play against you.
      :f_biggrin: :s_love:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heh, I can see these spots with info and when having time to think a bit.. when grinding, especially Zoom, I don't do as much since it's not the best play for my hourly. I can prob do stuff like this if I played 4-6 normal tabs. You also come from a FR background if I remember your other hands well and there ranges are a bit tighter so folding is better in general.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Heh, I can see these spots with info and when having time to think a bit.. when grinding, especially Zoom, I don't do as much since it's not the best play for my hourly. I can prob do stuff like this if I played 4-6 normal tabs. You also come from a FR background if I remember your other hands well and there ranges are a bit tighter so folding is better in general.
      Yes this was like my 2nd day on Zoom, AND SH ever.
      xD
      But I'm adapting super quickly! yey
      Didn't actually take any time to adapt, as I prepared myself knowing what to change already before going into this.

Btw, Zoom >>>> normal tables. xD
      Too bad on .it there's not enough people to play NL100+ on Zoom ç_ç
      I will miss it when I'll do the upgrade.
      Greatly miss it.