[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH: K10o

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      No HUD and specific reads on the opponent.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO ($3.19)
      MP ($1.83)
      UTG ($4.29)
      Hero (Button) ($4.26)
      BB ($1.37)
      SB ($3)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, 10
      UTG bets $0.12, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.86) 6, 8, K (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.52

He was raising quite a bit from UTG and MP and I thought that this was a good chance to 3bet him.
      So, is cbetting here right? I mean that we can't really take any value from worst hands and I don't think that he could have any draws here.
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      As played: I'd cbet here and go for chback on many turn cards. This way we prevent him from bluffing us out from the pot when he doesn't have anything. It's just so hard to call 2 str big bets with KT, TP. Cbet size would be a bit over 1/2, coz this is a 3-bet pot.

And about pre-flop.. If that villain is loose AND he folds to 3-bets often, then I think this strategy to 3-bet with KTo is good. But otherwise I'm not a huge fan of it, you usually get called by hands that dominate you.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Yeah, generally I prefer to 3bet hands that can play better postflop than K10o in 3bet pots, since hands like K10o can easily get us in trouble. But here I didn't thought that I would have a decision like that on the flop. I thought that I was going to take the pot preflop or cbet almost always and take the pot on the flop.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: I prefer to 3-bet hands that have more playability postflop and are not dominated as easily by his calling range.

As played we can still cbet. There's a good chance he can call one street with 99-QQ and there are some draws like AQ/AJ of diamonds.

With more info on the player we could decide to check back but against unknown I'd bet.