[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh: Jj Oop

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      No hud. The villain is a reg who raises a lot from the Co and the Button and folds a lot to 3bets.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($4.27)
      UTG ($4)
      BB ($5.01)
      MP ($4)
      Hero (SB) ($4.24)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      1 fold, MP bets $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.28) 5, 4, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.18, Hero raises $0.48, MP raises $0.96, Hero raises $3.64 (All-In)

I had a lot of history with this guy since I 3bet him really a lot when he is raising from the button and he almost always folds. In the previous hand he raised from the button, the sb called and I squeezed, making both of them to fold. So, I couldn't find any value 3betting him knowing that he only continues with better hands.

How is my play here? Is this move +ev?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: If he was indeed folding a ton calling may be a better play.

Postflop: So what exactly do we get value from ck/raising and stacking off on this flop?

TT? Maybe A9? What else? Some fds that have about 50% equity versus us?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I gave him a calling range on my shove : 99+,55-44,A9s,K9s,54s,A9o,K9o,Qh9h,Jh9h,Th9h,8h7h,7h6h,3h2h.

The thing is that I thought I could get a light call from him (with hands like 109,J9,Q9) because of the history we had and since he might consider me as a aggro monkey.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I gave him a calling range on my shove : 99+,55-44,A9s,K9s,54s,A9o,K9o,Qh9h,Jh9h,Th9h,8h7h,7h6h,3h2h.

The thing is that I thought I could get a light call from him (with hands like 109,J9,Q9) because of the history we had and since he might consider me as a aggro monkey.
      So if you thought that because you 3-bet him a lot he would pay you off light we can use the same logic to say that he may call you light (or shove light) preflop after you 3-bet him yet again.

I think you are using "wishful" thinking here when we raise. I doubt we will get him to stack off that light and we are just turning our raise into a super thin raise. If you had a hand like QQ it would be different but like this we beat a few pairs and lose to all his overpairs and sets and flip (or so) versus his draws.