45man sng ROI/ITM

• w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      hello :D

could anyone with experence at 45man tell me whats a good roi/itm is in these tournaments ?

also how much sample size we need for the first results?

atm i have played only 97 tournaments which i know is something like 0 with 71% roi and 26% itm

thank you !
  • 9 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Don't have a big sample in my DB, but try looking up some good players at sharkscope to see whats obtainable. I looked up YugiohPro, who is one of the best mid stakes MTT players, he has 18,5% ROI and ITM 19,6%, and that through all stakes.

Since the payout structure i quite flat you should go harder for the top places since it doesn't make a big difference wether you get 6. or 5. but a big difference if you can win.

Your sample is small and im not sure if it will last even at the very lowest limits
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      Roi 28% and itm 21% my numbers.. 1200 games
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Everything above 20% is very good for the 45men mtsng's. However, 96 tournaments are not a sufficient sample. With 100 of them played you can't even tell for sure if you are winning player or not. Variance is just to high in these tournaments.

I would recommend playing 1k games before you start thinking about your ROI. Everything else is kinda senseless :)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      thank you everyone :)

when i reach 1k games i will post again !

btw is anyone using sng wizard ? if yes i have some questions!!!
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I'm using it from time to time when I analyze hands for the german hand evaluation forums. I am not sure if I can help you with your questions, but I think it's worth a try.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      ok thank you!

here it is!

i am trying some 45man sng atm at pokerstars and i add some of my tournament to wizard!

before the final table wizard uses the equity model "chip" and only at the final table uses the equity model "icm" .

my problem is that the ranges for push / fold are way different each other (chip/icm)...

chip equity model shoves like anytwo is this correct or i should use icm from the start of the tournament!?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      For 45men chip ev should be most accurate until you hit the final table. Furthermore it isn't possible to adjust the Wizard to make ICM calculations before the final table hits.

What might be the problem is the calling ranges that are given to your opponents. You may have to adjust them based on your personal assessments. If they are too tight you can obviously push any two. If they are too loose you will have to fold too much.

Like the name already suggests, SNG Wizard is most accurate for single table SNG's. Therefore you will get the best results for final table analysis. If you want a programm that is more suitable for mtt's i can suggest the Holdem Ressources Calculator (click).

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      here is my progress so far i play a mix of 45man and 90man

280 are 45man 0,50$
      56 are 90man 1$
      39 are 45man 1,50$

should i try bigger buy ins? or wait until i hit 200-300$
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      You should always keep up with your bankroll management. For turbo mtsng's I would suggest at least 150 avg buyins. The more the better.

Therefore your avg buyin shouldn't exceed 1$ atm. The variance can be very extreme in tournaments. Therefore 150 BI's are the absolute minimum imo.

Regards,
      Asaban