This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh: 1010 OOP against aggresive player

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain was aggresive a lot.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($4.06)
      Hero (BB) ($4.38)
      MP ($4.54)
      UTG ($3.61)
      SB ($8.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      1 fold, MP bets $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 8, 3, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.58) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

River: ($1.38) J (2 players)
      Hero checks

Anything I could have done different?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: If he is aggro we can let him barrel so I would ck/call the river as well.

When you say that someone is "aggressive a lot" we should try to be more specific.

What does it mean to be aggressive a lot? Does it mean that villain bets flop/turn often and not so much on river? Does it mean that he valuebets thin a lot or just bets anything? ETC.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I don't have a HUD so I don't know the exact stats. But he was double barreling a lot for sure.

My concern here is if I could check-raise on any street or donkbet the turn or the river.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I don't have a HUD so I don't know the exact stats. But he was double barreling a lot for sure.

My concern here is if I could check-raise on any street or donkbet the turn or the river.
      I don't think we can really ck/raise for value any street. If we ck/raise what do we do versus a 3-bet? We can't really continue.

And I wouldn't donk either because we don't really get a ton of value from one, even on the river.