NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($6.65)
      UTG ($20.34)
      UTG+1 ($10.40)
      CO ($15.89)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:club: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, BTN calls $0.55

FLOP ($1.70) 4:heart: Q:club: 5:heart:

Hero bets $0.85, BTN calls $0.85

TURN ($3.40) 4:heart: Q:club: 5:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80

RIVER ($7) 4:heart: Q:club: 5:heart: 5:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

BTN shows J:heart: J:club:
      (Pre 71%, Flop 85.9%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero shows A:club: T:diamond:
      (Pre 29%, Flop 14.1%, Turn 6.8%)

BTN wins $6.54

Vs unknown
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: in spots like this where we can expect to get called a lot I prefer to 3-bet hands with more postflop playability and of course hands that are not easily dominated.

Postflop: As played the Qxx (2 low cards) boards are not the greatest for cbets with little equity (in 3-bet pot).

As played we need to fire 3 streets to get him to fold any pairs (on average) so i wouldn't bet the turn without a plan to bet river as well.

So my preferred line:

Preflop: Call

Postflop: bet/fold flop, give up turn/river vs unknown on that turn.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I 3 bet for bluff because oop fit or folding this hand is not the best move either and folding is weak.

Would you c/r bluff a board against an unknown with at if you just call, and which ones if you do ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I 3 bet for bluff because oop fit or folding this hand is not the best move either and folding is weak.

Would you c/r bluff a board against an unknown with at if you just call, and which ones if you do ?
      We could ck/raise boards like KQx, QJx, KJx where we expect him to bet often and we still have some gutshot equity. Or even boards like J87tt but we can base it a lot on his bet size usually (at these limits).

However, I don't think that we need to ck/raise a lot as a bluff/semibluff vs unknown to show an ok profit with the hand.