[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 AQo

• dannywratten
      SB is aggressive reg, 24/22/5.3/12.3/29/300hands
      3betting 17% vs BU & 14% from SB.

Floating flop fine? I thought about raising with GS & backdoors but I thought I rep a lot of air & draws.

What are your thoughts on shoving turn when picking up the FD?
      He can still be fairly wide IMO because I think he barrels his draws, & I also think he has a very hard time calling Kx without a club.

MP: $45.16 (180.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $33.61 (134.4 bb)
      BTN: $30.18 (120.7 bb)
      SB: $30.46 (121.8 bb)
      BB: $29.36 (117.4 bb)
      UTG: $32 (128 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN folds, SB raises to $2.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) K T 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.72, Hero calls $3.72

Turn: ($12.69) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.20, Hero raises to $27.39 and is all-in, SB folds

$23.09 pot ($1.15 rake)
      Final Board: K T 7 2
      Hero mucked Q A and won $21.94 ($10.52 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$11.42 net)
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      His range is pretty wide and he's very aggressive so I think your play on the turn is good.

Perhaps you also can consider doing the same move even if you do not hit your flush draw, with just a gs because he is folding so often.
    • dannywratten
      Hey thanks!
      As a general rule of thumb, what are the main factors you would consider when floating flop, raising turn barrel? (3b or single raised pot).

I know its a very broad question, but I'm fairly unsure about these spots. I suppose as long as villain barrels a lot & I have some decent equity it can't be too bad as long as the turn doesn't help his perceived range too much?

Maybe look for boards where villain has a lot of gutshots or backdoor draws he will barrel often?
    • mbml

1) Raising could be fine, esp when he showed weakness with his small Turn bet. What I would like to point out though, is that you are kind of deep, which could be bad if he calls. But at the same time, having more money behind puts a lot of pressure on him.

2) Calling could be fine too, since you still rep a ton of flushes and you can always choose to bluff the river if it is checked to you. We should be folding stuff like QJo on the turn a lot of the time when the flush hits and the OESD outs may no longer be good.

3) In 3bet pots, I generally don't raise turns too often in position, unless the board coordinates a lot and I have a hand I need to shove for protection

4) In single raised pots, besides raising the nuts, we sometimes should raise obvious scare cards as a bluff.

Example: 593A in BvB, a not-so-good player barrels the Turn Ace which is the obvious scare card and we floated the flop with 78. Firstly, as a late position stealer, he isn't having the Ace that often.

Secondly, as the late position caller, our range contains all Ace highs. We can easily rep 2pairs a lot, with A5 A9 A3 all being in our preflop calling range.