This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 AQo

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      SB is aggressive reg, 24/22/5.3/12.3/29/300hands
      3betting 17% vs BU & 14% from SB.

Floating flop fine? I thought about raising with GS & backdoors but I thought I rep a lot of air & draws.

What are your thoughts on shoving turn when picking up the FD?
      He can still be fairly wide IMO because I think he barrels his draws, & I also think he has a very hard time calling Kx without a club.

MP: $45.16 (180.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $33.61 (134.4 bb)
      BTN: $30.18 (120.7 bb)
      SB: $30.46 (121.8 bb)
      BB: $29.36 (117.4 bb)
      UTG: $32 (128 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN folds, SB raises to $2.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) K T 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.72, Hero calls $3.72

Turn: ($12.69) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.20, Hero raises to $27.39 and is all-in, SB folds

Results:
      $23.09 pot ($1.15 rake)
      Final Board: K T 7 2
      Hero mucked Q A and won $21.94 ($10.52 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$11.42 net)
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      His range is pretty wide and he's very aggressive so I think your play on the turn is good.

Perhaps you also can consider doing the same move even if you do not hit your flush draw, with just a gs because he is folding so often.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      Hey thanks!
      As a general rule of thumb, what are the main factors you would consider when floating flop, raising turn barrel? (3b or single raised pot).

I know its a very broad question, but I'm fairly unsure about these spots. I suppose as long as villain barrels a lot & I have some decent equity it can't be too bad as long as the turn doesn't help his perceived range too much?

Maybe look for boards where villain has a lot of gutshots or backdoor draws he will barrel often?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

1) Raising could be fine, esp when he showed weakness with his small Turn bet. What I would like to point out though, is that you are kind of deep, which could be bad if he calls. But at the same time, having more money behind puts a lot of pressure on him.

2) Calling could be fine too, since you still rep a ton of flushes and you can always choose to bluff the river if it is checked to you. We should be folding stuff like QJo on the turn a lot of the time when the flush hits and the OESD outs may no longer be good.

3) In 3bet pots, I generally don't raise turns too often in position, unless the board coordinates a lot and I have a hand I need to shove for protection

4) In single raised pots, besides raising the nuts, we sometimes should raise obvious scare cards as a bluff.

Example: 593A in BvB, a not-so-good player barrels the Turn Ace which is the obvious scare card and we floated the flop with 78. Firstly, as a late position stealer, he isn't having the Ace that often.

Secondly, as the late position caller, our range contains all Ace highs. We can easily rep 2pairs a lot, with A5 A9 A3 all being in our preflop calling range.