$25.00
      MP2:
      $34.94
      MP3:
      $24.30
      CO:
      $12.15

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.75, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.40, MP2 calls $1.65.

Flop: ($4.9) 7, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.60, MP2 calls $2.60.

Turn: ($10.1) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.20, MP2 calls $5.20.

River: ($20.5) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $20.5.

16 hands vpip20 pfr20 af0,5 wtsd33  

he called to my flop CB,so I put his range on AxQd,TxTd.
      so I think I should have bet like $6 on the river?
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

You are very likely to have the best hand ofc. The problem is whether you think he calls with worse.. AQd got there, does he have AJ in his range? Does he call JJ/TT/99? What about other Ax hands? Usually not too likely and you don't have many hands on him. Final consideration is what do you want you 3barreling range to be here? If you'd 3 barrel this with 100% of your cbetting hands then AK is a bet on the river imo because in that case your range either forces your opponent to call with worse than AK or he folds too often on the river.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

You are very likely to have the best hand ofc. The problem is whether you think he calls with worse.. AQd got there, does he have AJ in his range? Does he call JJ/TT/99? What about other Ax hands? Usually not too likely and you don't have many hands on him. Final consideration is what do you want you 3barreling range to be here? If you'd 3 barrel this with 100% of your cbetting hands then AK is a bet on the river imo because in that case your range either forces your opponent to call with worse than AK or he folds too often on the river.

unless he is a big fish,it seems he wouldnt call with any worse hands I think :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Hey,

unless he is a big fish,it seems he wouldnt call with any worse hands I think :)
      OK! Then if you neither barrel this runout too often you can probably just check river.Once you check though, he can still bet so you have to decide between check/calling and check/folding. If you think he never bluffs (usually his diamond draws have a pair so they show it down) and only bets worse (he doesn't call other Ax, unlikely he bets them) I would opt to check/fold.

I don't know if this is the best possible way to play AK considering your range. I usually barrel often enough on this runout to bet river for value as well.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Hey,

OK! Then if you neither barrel this runout too often you can probably just check river.Once you check though, he can still bet so you have to decide between check/calling and check/folding. If you think he never bluffs (usually his diamond draws have a pair so they show it down) and only bets worse (he doesn't call other Ax, unlikely he bets them) I would opt to check/fold.

I don't know if this is the best possible way to play AK considering your range. I usually barrel often enough on this runout to bet river for value as well.

I have little information on him,so I think I would have called if he just bet 1/2 pot.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      OK, but sizing doesn't change his range that much you just get better odds so don't expect to win too much when you check/call. You will more often lose than win but the pot odds you get mean you need to win a lot less (25% of the time for 1/2 pot). Keep that in mind and don't tilt when you lose! A big mistake people do is tilt after they call with odds and simply run into the better part of villain's range. :)