Hero lost $14.50

Hi!

Villain is 24/20 AF 2.8 - winning reg.

F2STL BBvsBTN 69%
      CC BB 16%

C/R Flop 7%

AFq by street 44/29/22
      WTSD 25%

How do I proceed when I get c/r on flop? Vs this seemingly straightforward opponent - call flop, giveup turn is not a big mistake or too exploitable move right?
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey,

on average it's like 15 combos otf, which he c/r, but I wouldn't really rely on this stat very much in this situation...

The biggest problem is his 3betting range. It's so wide we can easily assume, he's simply having nothing to c/r as a semibluff on the flop. I really wouldn't say he'd be merging his range against you and ~15% is really a lot! Tbh, I'd be really thinking about he as a 88- 3bettor, but it would be more likely if you had some dynamics and you 4bet quite a lot...

Without these information I think your plan to call and x/f turn is just fine. Your perceived range otf is mainly Ax. I think he bluffs mostly just one street and he is deffo not turning worse Ax. It's really a great spot for Villian to make a pressure on you, but assuming his 3betting range ... I just can't see many hands we can bluffcatch against =)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I am torn between all plays actually because all make sense. He calls BB more vs BU minraise than overall so he will be wider here starting from preflop. I don't know how wide he will be with the check/raise though and how that range looks. If he has AQ in his range and Axs, sets, some 2pair (not all) and some weaker bluffs (small flushdraws, gutshots) I would definitely not fold.

His bet sizing is atrocious though, he should get stacks in with the river bet.. the board is also reasonably coordinated, he can definitely make it bigger on previous streets. I would usually look for extra info here like country, tables played and try to recall any important hand I played with him, including possible showdowns. The more he looks straightforward, the more inclined I'd be to fold flop quite often or if he can be aggro vs me I'd calldown all bets or 3bet flop.

@Fold flop: If he plays many entries, is from a 'solid players' country like Germany, Asian country, nowadays Scandis are a lot more straightforward too at these stakes (not Blom style anymore) I would prob give up.

@Flop call: If he is kind of weak tight reg I would call flop and decide later, could still fold. If he is playing like 2-3 entries, is not Russian or ex Soviet Union country I would call flop and proceed with caution but still be very confident in my hand.

@Flop 3bet: If he is Russian speaker and definitely a regular I would usually include this in my flop 3bet range and stack off. Not against ALL but in general their style is quite aggressive so I respond with a lot of aggression but with a reasonably depolarized range (not just 2pair and air here). Calling also works good but it's prob the one case where 3betting is quite close to calling and playing IP later streets.